Second Skin Audio

Will there be a unloading issue here?

Jessica

Sketchup of a wall plan for 4 12's. Do you foresee and unloading issues set up like this? I kind of wanted port in the middle because i would rather not have the port right behind my head. I worried about it sounding like crap on my side, like only port noise.

Anyway. Thanks.

wall_zps3b53c1c4.jpg

wall2_zpsedc58637.jpg

i dont see a problem with it.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

7.95 net after all displacements

130sqin of port

34.5hz

like 16.5 sqin per cube.

port is 5X27.5 1:5.2 ratio 25" long

using 4 sa-12 on around 3.5k

My 4 15's were setup just like that. Lower left sub (away from the port) would bottom before the other 3. Had to increase the SSF frequency a few Hz to keep it from having issues.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

My 4 15's were setup just like that. Lower left sub (away from the port) would bottom before the other 3. Had to increase the SSF frequency a few Hz to keep it from having issues.

I don't mind using the ol' SSF, i don't l isten to anything below 30's anyway. Mostly music, rock country some rap and maybe maybe dubstep

That's what I was thinking too... When I got a demo in AMICustoms Sierra, all he was doing was watching his cones on the upper side farther from the port. The day before 1 surround tore and another cone let go. Too bad I wanted to hear it full tilt.

Maybe move the subs farther left (towards the passenger door) is what I'm thinking.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

^this.

Exact same thing happened to my 4 18s box

Throw a divider wall between the left subs and right subs. Might help to angle the back towards the left subs a bit.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived