Second Skin Audio

SKAR VVX or Obsidian?

brandonlearL7

THIS IS NOT A VS THREAD!!

I want to know people think of each subwoofers. I've ordered 1 12" of each and I'm curious as to see what people think as I anticipate my wait.

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5Front Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsRear Stage: Oxygen Audio O2 ComponentsSubs: 2 12" Obsidian V2 w/ Upgraded Black Aluminum SPL coilsBox: 5.94 Cubic Foot Tuned to 34 HZSub Amp: American Bass VFL150.1

Mids/Highs Amp: Rockford Fosgate 120.2

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-X396Electrical: Single Run of American Bass 1/0, Single Run of American Bass 8 Gauge, Big 3 Upgrade

Build Loghttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161818-1999-toyota-4runner-sr5/

ive got two Skar VVX 15's and they can handle around twice their RMS daily, in fact i was pushing them at 1700 watts (850 each) and now im upgrading my amp to put 2400 RMS on them. theyre great subs and hit low and loud, I've been able to get my audio control DB meter to read 153 DB with just two Skar VVX 15's. of course thats with the box ported at 31 hz and made by Skar. I've had them for about a year and ive never run into any problems with them whatsoever. my DB rating is also just a home test with the audiocontrol DB meter at the front dash. cant say much about Obsidian as ive got no personal experience with them.

Archived