what size speaker wire to get

I can't remember where the wire guide is anymore, but unless you are running 2k all in one set of wires you wont need 8ga. Look at this guide and remember that if you are using a DVC sub or 2 DVC subs divide the power by the number of coils. Then look at the ohms of each coil and check the guide. You would be surprised how little wire you actually need.

here is the guide

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/1005-wirefuse-guide/?hl=%20wire%20%20guide

Great info bro! I would never pump 3000 watts through an 8ga @ 1ohm unless I was looking for an insurance claim.

I think this assume OFC wire. And the power is plit over two wires not one. So i think 3k over two 8ga should work, but maybe not.

so 10 gauge ofc cable works for me ? short runs to the amp

Its only a few cents to kick it up a notch. If it were me, I would go 8 for piece of mind. But you should be fine with 10ga if your set on it :)

haha thanks for all the help carbon :bananaDance:

No prob at all bro! Just remember if you order from amazon its sold by the foot. So the item quantity is actually feet. If you wanted to get a spool contact Knu directly for a deal. :P

Archived