where to find an ignition wire?

There is no black/white wire. They are both green

Edit- i googled ignition harness and realized that you may be right. I wasnt looking at the ignition harness it turns out. Sorry about that. Im gonna check this out again

well i added a wire coming off the black/white wire and tested it with a dmm. you were right Will, thank you very much! sorry about not knowing what an ignition harness was.

now i just need to weld up a mount for the relay and i can finally install my new battery.

If key turns on your stereo then relay will turn on also linking battery's an not isolate them

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

If key turns on your stereo then relay will turn on also linking battery's an not isolate them

i was kind of confused by this post until i got everything installed, and now i think i know what you are saying kind of, but i'm still confused. i have noticed now that when i have the key in the accessory position that the HU runs off the front battery and the amps run off the back one. i hadn't really thought about that before.. is there any way to remedy this besides running a power wire from the HU to the second battery and throwing a switch on it (basically putting everything on a switch and eliminating the need for a key)?

if not then adding another power wire and a switch should work right? i was actually thinking about doing that anyways so that i could run the stereo without having the keys in the ignition (then i can listen to music drunk at a party but not get a dui because my keys are in the ignition just for music ;) )

Archived