where to find an ignition wire?

An ignition wire does not give you the ability to jot wire your car. Why are you trying to install am isolator

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

An ignition wire does not give you the ability to jot wire your car. Why are you trying to install am isolator

I think OP has a relay circuit that disconnects the battery completely when the vehicle is turned off. He might have drain in his car.

alright, well i just opened up my steering column and it is actually much more simple in there than i thought it would be. i assumed there would be many wires around the ignition cylinder but it turns out there are only 2 wires in there and they go straight to the ignition cylinder. there is even a plug right there for those wires and when i unplug it my car dings when the door is open (like how it does usually when the key is in the ignition).

so i'm assuming one of those wires has to be the ignition wire correct? forgive me for my ignorance, but i don't know much about the ignition system of cars. this is how i would imagine it would go though- i'm guessing one of those 2 wires is live all the time and the other one receives the current only when the ignition is on ( i'm assuming the ignition is just a switch?). so the one that only receives power when the ignition is on is the one i need correct?

does any of that sound right? that's just my guess on how it works. i would love to find out for sure before i start playing around.

and my reason for the isolator is because i play my music with the car off a lot. i live in the desert and it is boring as hell out here, so a lot of the time i am just out in the desert chilling with friends. sometimes we party out there, sometimes we just chill and have a fire, sometimes we rock climb(joshua tree national park is my back yard), and sometimes we just park on a mountain at a spot that overlooks the town and listen to music for a while. either way i'm always in my car or around it and i always need music and a car that starts every time since i'm usually in the middle of no where. i know it is bad for my alternator to put that dead battery on it, but at the same time, i have a $200 ebay "high output" alternator that i am kicking myself for buying. when it goes out i still have my stock alt that works great for a back up until i order a mechman ;)

also i have a lead acid battery in the front and a kinetik hc2400 that's going in the trunk. i dont want the lead acid battery to constantly drain the AGM battery so i figure the isolator will work for that too since there will never be power flow between the 2 unless the car is running. i will most likely get rid of the isolator in a few months when i change my lead acid battery out and put a good agm battery under the hood.

I just use my fuel pump fuse.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived