bassfreake Posted February 21, 2013 Report Posted February 21, 2013 oh you got the good kinda stock too... I'm stuck with a single din unless I completely reconfigure my climate controls... or so I was told... I've got the manual climate controls in mine Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
andygardner Posted February 21, 2013 Author Report Posted February 21, 2013 Yeah its good and bad. That dash kit ran me 200 dollars while the manual climate control ones run around 80 bucks.
bassfreake Posted February 21, 2013 Report Posted February 21, 2013 ouch Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
andygardner Posted February 21, 2013 Author Report Posted February 21, 2013 His engine is different. Alt is burried. Stock alt with just a good couple of batts will run 2-3k pretty good. Like the dash, thought about converting to EAC just to get a double din but didn't feel like the headache. Good luck with the build! Thanks man. And im hoping that i will be fine. I dont want to drop under 13 volts. If i do im going to have to get more batteries.
andygardner Posted February 22, 2013 Author Report Posted February 22, 2013 Well i didnt do the big 3 today because im going to go visit my grandpa in the hospital but i did do something. First off heres something i also purchased when i bought my dash kit and head unit Thats right. I got a dd-1. Going to have my gains set like a pro. Anyone in alaska want thier system tuned with it just pm me and im sure we could work something out. Im located in wasilla Second. I tried my hand at soldering 0 gauge for the first time. I went out and bought this Then i put the wire in the ring terminal, put some flux on it and soldered away. And the finished product I didnt think i did to bad for my first time. What do you guys think?
andygardner Posted February 25, 2013 Author Report Posted February 25, 2013 Well today i did the the big 2. Haha. I did the grounds but not the power cable. I got a little better at soldering Here is a pic of one of the grounds. It got to dark to take a picture of the other one i did . Ill tackle the power wire when i get to a garage.
djscrappydee Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 Looking good (2) PSI p2 18's Crescendo 2000 Audio Technix 0 gauge/ SHCA 0 gauge Pioneer AVH-P2400BT yellow top optima big 3 . xs batt.
andygardner Posted February 25, 2013 Author Report Posted February 25, 2013 Thank you. Im trying my best to make this a clean install.
bassfreake Posted February 25, 2013 Report Posted February 25, 2013 Thank you. Im trying my best to make this a clean install. so far so good lol looks alot better than my first build on my Taurus so far... granted all I did on my first build is run run a 0 gauge through my car... connect a bunch of wires to my amp and glue together some wood and throw it in the trunk with some subs in it lol didn't even bother tying bolting or screwing anything down or wrapping the box at first lol or even sand anything... the box chewed my carpet in my trunk up nicely from sliding around freely and snagging it... lol yea I don't recommend that Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
andygardner Posted April 2, 2013 Author Report Posted April 2, 2013 Alright so the weather is starting to get a little better here. So i got a little more done today. First off i got my vm-1 in. And its signed by steve. But i think they all are. Either way im excited . Then i was trying to decide where to place it. I think im going to make a mount to place it right here like this Then i had to decide where to put my fuse holders under the hood. I decided on here. I also ran the starting wire for the positive run for the big 3. I plan on finishing it in the morning. The other fuse holder is for the run to the amp. And yes i know my engine bay is dirty. Im waiting for all the snow to melt to clean up everything.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.