03 Ford Taurus First Build

Alright first off thanks to everyone here. I lurk a lot and ive learned everything through this forum.

Anyways, my names Andy and i live in Alaska so not much can be done until summer but i installed my head unit and dash kit the other day so i wanted to create a build log.

The car is a black 03 Ford Taurus centennial edition.

Here is the stock radio and climate controls

20130213_173046_zps6e60811a.jpg

And out

20130213_174417_zpse4d85d11.jpg

And here is the metra dash kit and my jvc kw-r900bt (picture taken from my girls instagram)

IMG_8928_zps87792121.jpg

And here is the equiptment i already have

2 12" skar vvx

20130217_163307_zps03ae57d7.jpg

20130217_163353_zpse2119144.jpg

Also in those picture are some monroe sensa-trac struts and moog cargo coils to help with the famous sag all taurus's have

Amp is a brand new aq2200d

20130217_163513_zps152e50e4.jpg

And i also got a box of stuff from knukonceptz (2 of there cca 0g amp kits, some karma rcas and 25 feet of 10g speaker cable for the subs)

20130217_163912_zps8a9d1abf.jpg

Thats all i have for now

Future plans are:

Either 2 50rms comps or 1 3way 100rms comp set

A 2 channel with enough dynamic headroom

Another run of knu cca 0g

Dual inputs

A g34 battery for under the hood and a g31 for the back

My stock alt is 130 or 140 amps so i should be good with that.

I plan in getting the big 3 done as soon as it warms up.

Well thats all there is folks enjoy

tuned in just cuz I'll be doing this stuff soon myself in my 04 Taurus :P and wanna see your handiwork GL with build! Couldn't hurt to still upgrade the alt too eventually if you're getting the AQ 2200 I've heard they can be a tad hungry, I'd suggest at least talking to the guys from Mechman or Singer and seeing what they say I'm upgrading my alt when I get my aq 2200 but I also plan on going way bigger in a few months.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Thanks guys. Ill post pics of the car after i get it washed and cleaned. And its to cold to detail the inside of my car. Its been in the 20s for a while now. There is a little more ive done like install a cheap pair of component speakers up front. And all the wire on the wiring harness for the headunit were heatshrunk.

As for the alt question. Im sure ill be fine with the alt and the 2 batteries. The alt on my motor is a pain in the ass to get to let alone change. I have the duratec motor. If you have the vulcan motor you got it a lot easier.

really? my alt is right on top plain as day

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

His engine is different. Alt is burried. Stock alt with just a good couple of batts will run 2-3k pretty good.

Like the dash, thought about converting to EAC just to get a double din but didn't feel like the headache. Good luck with the build!

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Yeah. You have the vulcan motor then. The duratec alt is in the worst place. And ive read that you sometimes have to remove the crankshaft or something to get it out. And ive read you need a special tool also but idk. So i would have to have a shop install my alt and that would be a lot of money

damn that sucks I didn't know they came with 2 different motors lol

My Build Log

Archived