Jump to content

5 1/4 mids in the a pillar


barney91

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I recently ordered some rockford T252-s their 5 1/4 mids, I plan to put them in my a pillar but I feel like there huge, but I could be that I'm not used to it

My question is where should I point them, to the head rest or the window

And do you guys think 5 1/4 is to big for the a pillar

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Posted

here are some 5.25s in an Apillar...not too big really

015348276_0148223359d72cf58486c92eefb7f6

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Posted

here are some 5.25s in an Apillar...not too big really

015348276_0148223359d72cf58486c92eefb7f6

Are those yours? And they don't look to big if there pointed at each other only when I angle them

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Posted

not mine, I looked for an image of 5.25s in an Apillar, I have seen people run 6s in the Apillars and almost always they have them facing each other...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Posted

Anyone else have an idea of where I should point the mids

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Posted

5 1/4" to big... NO. I'm running 6.5" in a-pillars. Aim them if you can at about the dome light or accross at each head rest. If you aim them straight at each other, one will be more off axis than the other, and cause problems. I aimed mine down a bit to avoid a center that wondered to high.

IMAG0013-1.jpgIMAG0012-1.jpg15d94559.jpg

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Posted

5 1/4" to big... NO. I'm running 6.5" in a-pillars. Aim them if you can at about the dome light or accross at each head rest. If you aim them straight at each other, one will be more off axis than the other, and cause problems. I aimed mine down a bit to avoid a center that wondered to high.

IMAG0013-1.jpgIMAG0012-1.jpg15d94559.jpg

thanks for the info I was just going to aim them at each other for better spacing but ill play with them and see where they sound best

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1322 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...