Building a new computer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157266&Tpk=asrock%20990fx%20extreme%204

99% sure this is the board i'm going with!

and good chance i'm going with the fx-6100

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

ati drivers suck for just about everything, honestly. Intel or nothing lol. my i5 handles everything I throw at it and it still has a higher thermal limit than amds stuff. 4.5ghz and its happy.faster than my buddy's 1100t with two less cores.

a shit ton of cores doesn't correlate to more performance. it can actually hurt performance since there are practically 0 programs designed to utilize them all efficiently

ati drivers suck for just about everything, honestly. Intel or nothing lol. my i5 handles everything I throw at it and it still has a higher thermal limit than amds stuff. 4.5ghz and its happy.faster than my buddy's 1100t with two less cores.

a shit ton of cores doesn't correlate to more performance. it can actually hurt performance since there are practically 0 programs designed to utilize them all efficiently

prior to this i was using a phenom II x4 and it blew away intels in the same price range. AMD makes great products. i will not be doing any heavy gaming and i imagine my cpu will rarely have a great load put on it. if i was concerned with a ton of cores i would spend a few more bucks and get an 8 core, just not much of a concern.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

prior to this i was using a phenom II x4 and it blew away intels in the same price range. AMD makes great products. i will not be doing any heavy gaming and i imagine my cpu will rarely have a great load put on it. if i was concerned with a ton of cores i would spend a few more bucks and get an 8 core, just not much of a concern.

intels tech is still 5+ years ahead of them.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-processor-frame-rate-performance,3427-9.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-3.html

Its also odd that an older i3 will beat the CPU you posted in any single threaded application by about double.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/699?vs=677

Now lets compare it to the cheapest i5 (40$ more)

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/699?vs=702

Its lookin like a rape party.

That being said, I'm not trying to bash you personally, if you have a hard on for AMD, by all means, go for it. Just know that for a few dollars more, you can get an i5 that will destroy it in almost everything.

the processor i posted i just ordered for $110. i doubt i will be disappointed. i think most of you are way over-estimating what this will be used for.

the processor i posted i just ordered for $110. i doubt i will be disappointed. i think most of you are way over-estimating what this will be used for.

when you have two 40 inch tv's as monitors, there is no over estimation.

well, i will report back when it is all finished, and i will be completely honest with how i feel about it. no point in debating it right now.

when you have two 40 inch tv's as monitors, there is no over estimation.

Exactly... This... That's why i was saying to run dual GPUs cuz the graphics to handle that much screenage may take more processing power than you realize

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived