Sonic Electronix

Anyone have any ideas on where i can get something to convert ac power (wall socket) to dc power (car audio) or could i be able to rig a wall outlet plug into a car amp?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

DC power supply.

What are you powering with it and why do you need one?

You'll need a 13.8 or 14.4V power supply.

12V would work as well as long as it has plenty of current capacity.

Can't use a wall outlet on car amp, very bad.

Unless you really don't like the amp.... :)

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

working on a plan I have cooking in my head to build a big ass bass guitar combo amp out of car audio stuff :P just to see if I can... I had all of it figured out in my head except volume control and the power adapter

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

You may want some sort of pre-amp between the guitar and amp for volume control as you stated.

How big is the amp you're looking at?

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

idk haven't decided that yet. was thinking about possibly getting some kinda knowledge of dedicated EQs too and incorporate one of those into it eventually... but this is just gna be a project and something to have fun with and try a bunch of different stuff so I'll probably wind up building it tearing it apart rebuilding it tearing it apart adding stuff rebuilding it etc multiple times lol so the amount of power size of sub/subs and amount and types of peripherals will probably change a few times also... gna use it for an excuse to build stuff as well as something to give me a way and excuse to learn and play with a bunch of different car audio stuff that's out there without having to completely rebuild my car repeatedly lol I can work on something that is on a slightly smaller scale and that I don't have to worry about having enough batteries and alternators and stuff like that I can just focus on the audio equipment

My Build Log

with the computer plugs and xbox plugs and stuff... wouldn't I still need to rig some kinda ground into it somehow?

My Build Log

On the AC side, you have:

Line

Neutral

Ground

On the DC side you have:

Positive

Negative

The positive and negative are all you need to power your DC equipment.

For safety, you could connect the AC ground around your system (metal cases, ground blocks, etc).

2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

SOTM BUILD:

I've never seen an adapter that the DC end had 2 wires that's why I was asking

My Build Log

I've never seen an adapter that the DC end had 2 wires that's why I was asking

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149387-college-house-banger-build-dd-vo-series-vo-15s-in-da-house/page-2

Page 2 he shows what he did with the xbox power supplies i believe.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Archived