Sonic Electronix

Hello,

my name is brian,

I've been researching and researching night after night on subwoofers and I really just don't know which one to pick!! I've seen everything from RE audio, FI audio, PSY audio, SKAR audio, DC Audio, Digital Design and so much more. I really just want to bring an end to me going back and forth choosing which subwoofer and model I should get. My current setup does not meet my expectations. 2 12 inch alpine type e's I got off craigslist, as well as a kenwood 600w amplifier. Not to mention the seller screwed me over, one of my subs voice coil froze up, so now only one is playing. Its in a dual ported box. I have to put my seat down in order for the subwoofer to actually lightly shake anything. I want something that is clear...and very loud as well. SQL and SPL

I drive a volkswagen passat 2002

I am willing to spend 100-450

I want something that will make my window flex. if it's a little over 450, then it will be okay!!

comment with suggestions on what to do! i'm planning to sell my setup as well, I need suggestions, it's urgent!!

thanks!!!

-Brian

Is the &150-$400 for subs only? Or for subs and an amp? Also, welcome to the forum. :drinks:

Edit: Ninja'd! How much power, and what amp will you be running to them?

Well, I'm probably getting this amplifier.

http://www.amazon.co...pd_bxgy_e_img_y

and yes, the 100-450 is just for the subs!

and thanks for welcoming me! i'm, liking it so far!

I'd say look into the Obsidian Audio 12's. They're great woofers for the price.

do you know if FI is any good? as well as sundown? I heard night shades are pretty bad ass as well. I want something that will make my rearview mirror like..fall off

FI and Sundown are both excellent products. However, they can get pretty high in the price range.. It's not just about the subwoofers though. The sub enclosure, and amplifier play a big part in it too. Aswell as electrical. I'd still recommend looking into 2 Obsidian Audio 12's. They're about $150 each and they get really loud. They're affiliated with Sundown also.. Then I'd take the extra $150 you saved on the subs, and the money you already have and buy an amp like the Audioque 2200d, or a Skar 1500.1. Theyre great amp and do well over rated power.

and obsidians have the ability to do what I want it to do? and yeah, they are pretty expensive. if i was gonna get a FI, I was gonna get 2 12 inch Q's. but I don't really know. I've never really seen a obsidian audio video showing me what it can do

Hello,

my name is brian,

I've been researching and researching night after night on subwoofers and I really just don't know which one to pick!! I've seen everything from RE audio, FI audio, PSY audio, SKAR audio, DC Audio, Digital Design and so much more. I really just want to bring an end to me going back and forth choosing which subwoofer and model I should get. My current setup does not meet my expectations. 2 12 inch alpine type e's I got off craigslist, as well as a kenwood 600w amplifier. Not to mention the seller screwed me over, one of my subs voice coil froze up, so now only one is playing. Its in a dual ported box. I have to put my seat down in order for the subwoofer to actually lightly shake anything. I want something that is clear...and very loud as well. SQL and SPL

I want something that will make my window flex. if it's a little over 450, then it will be okay!!

comment with suggestions on what to do! i'm planning to sell my setup as well, I need suggestions, it's urgent!!

thanks!!!

-Brian

Is the &150-$400 for subs only? Or for subs and an amp? Also, welcome to the forum. :drinks:

do you know if FI is any good? as well as sundown? I heard night shades are pretty bad ass as well. I want something that will make my rearview mirror like..fall off

FI and Sundown are both excellent products. However, they can get pretty high in the price range.. It's not just about the subwoofers though. The sub enclosure, and amplifier play a big part in it too. Aswell as electrical. I'd still recommend looking into 2 Obsidian Audio 12's. They're about $150 each and they get really loud. They're affiliated with Sundown also.. Then I'd take the extra $150 you saved on the subs, and the money you already have and buy an amp like the Audioque 2200d, or a Skar 1500.1. Theyre great amp and do well over rated power.

and obsidians have the ability to do what I want it to do? and yeah, they are pretty expensive. if i was gonna get a FI, I was gonna get 2 12 inch Q's. but I don't really know. I've never really seen a obsidian audio video showing me what it can do

Ask around on here. Alot of forum members use OA. I can't specifically tell you if they will do what you want, it varies with every build.. But, if you build a good ported enclosure for 2 OA 12's and run them on a quality amp; you'll be surprised with the outcome.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Hello,

my name is brian,

thanks!!!

-Brian

Ask around on here. Alot of forum members use OA. I can't specifically tell you if they will do what you want, it varies with every build.. But, if you build a good ported enclosure for 2 OA 12's and run them on a quality amp; you'll be surprised with the outcome.

Ok, If i didn't get the OA's, then what would be your second option?

Hello,

my name is brian,

thanks!!!

-Brian

Ok, If i didn't get the OA's, then what would be your second option?

Skar VVX, DC Level 3's, Sundown SA-12, Ascendant Audio Chaos, Audioque hdc3 12's, etc... There are a few really good brands that are in your price range, and all are very reputable.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

brian where are you located?

I am located in Fort Mill, South Carolina. Why?

just wondering, because If you were closer to me I could have offered to set you up with some dealers and demos before you decide. But youre too far away lol!

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

brian where are you located?

I am located in Fort Mill, South Carolina. Why?

just wondering, because If you were closer to me I could have offered to set you up with some dealers and demos before you decide. But youre too far away lol!

I appreciate the thought man!! The only audio shop around here is audiomasters, and some hispanic shop. Audiomasters are jl dick riders

Ive heard of most of those!! the reason I'm into FI though is because of this video. So Idk if it was his setup or what but those things slap. HARD

FI is a great company, but if you do a little research.. DC, Sundown, Audioque, Ascendant Audio, etc. are all just as great, if not better in some people's opinion.. Get on YouTube and look all the different ones up. Then research each one and find out which one suits your needs best. In the end, whichever one of these you decide to go with, I think you'll be impressed.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Archived