What parts do I need to fix this head unit

I have a Jensen uv9 I think. It might be uv8. But it's the phase linear model. The screen will no longer flip up. The head unit turns on but the screen doesn't come out. On occasion it will and when it does there is nothing but multicolored lines on the screen. If you tap the screen it still recognizes touch response and everything you just can't see. First question. Is it worth it to fix it. Second question. What parts would I need

A lot of motorized and flip down screens have ribbons to send and receive electrical signals from the faceplate, after a lot of folding up and down the ribbons start to wear out and tear certain wires inside of it. If that is your problem it usually is fixable,if you can find the parts. I had a friend with this issue on his pioneer, i found the replacement ribbon on ebay for a couple bucks and changed it out no problem.

No super hard..I helped my brother do one a few years back.

Here is the real question...is it worth the time/money/effort...?

IMO its not worth it...I would go to a newer double din from Alpine/Kenwood/Pioneer or single din from those manufacturers.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

If that is in fact your problem it's usually pretty easy. I've never worked on a Jensen so im not sure about yours. It was really simple on the pioneer, once i had the headunit apart the ribbon just unclipped from both sides, snapped the new one in and put it back together.

I would first start by checking out your current ribbon, see if it has any tears or signs of wear. I tested the pioneer by wiggling the ribbon while the deck was on, doing this was turning the faceplate on and off, thats how i determined that was the issue. Hopefully your headunit is a somewhat newer model, some of these parts can be a bit hard to find sometimes.

Archived