Mikey27 Posted March 7, 2013 Report Posted March 7, 2013 Ok so I just replaced my soundstorm DVD player with a kenwood kvt-516 DVD player and my subs are not hitting near as hard as they were with my soundstorm.if I have it at low volume it sounds alright,but when I turn it up to bump it,it sounds like its not picking up the deep bass and it kinda sounds like there bottom out like their under powered and I didn't have this problem with my old head unit.my pre amp output voltage is 2 volts....could this be the problem?..i dont know what the pre amp out put voltage was on my old one either....I have a ground loop problem which I'm working on but I don't think that would have anything to do with my subs not hitting like they should be...any body have an answer for me?!? System: Kenwood kvt-516 600 watt kicker amp 2 15" audiobahn aluminums
WillPwn4Food Posted March 7, 2013 Report Posted March 7, 2013 Did you reset your gains to match the new HU? Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
Mikey27 Posted March 7, 2013 Author Report Posted March 7, 2013 Yea,and it still isn't hitting like it did.
SkarredSierra Posted March 8, 2013 Report Posted March 8, 2013 are your subs maybe out of phase? i bought a jvc unit one time and when i hooked it up my 12s sounded like ass. took me a while to figure it out but all i had to do was switch my positive and negative on one of my subs and it worked fine. something was messed up in my headunit that was sending a reverse signal down my rcas. was really weird.
Mikey27 Posted March 9, 2013 Author Report Posted March 9, 2013 When you say switched positive and negative...are you talking about at the amp? It can't be my head unit or setting on my head unit cuz my cheaper DVD player made them slam....but now at high volumes it sounds horrible and don't even come close to hitting what they did before I changed out DVD player.....it's really frustraighting me.
SkarredSierra Posted March 9, 2013 Report Posted March 9, 2013 yea changing them at the amp. i dont know what your running but i had a 2 channel amp. one sub on each channel and it worked for me. like i said tho it was a weird circumstance. hope you get it figured out. i have had several kenwood units and never had a problem with any of them. you mite also make sure you are hooked up to the subwoofer output on your head unit. ive seen several cases with friends systems where they have hooked up to the front rca output. im not sure if yours has a front output but it may be something to check.
Mikey27 Posted March 9, 2013 Author Report Posted March 9, 2013 I have my subs wired in series....but I have a 2 channel amp and I have my subs bridged.
hhowell1990 Posted March 9, 2013 Report Posted March 9, 2013 Are there settings on the HU itself for subwoofer level? if there are it may be set low from the factory
Mikey27 Posted March 9, 2013 Author Report Posted March 9, 2013 mathewyocham-I tried what you suggested about switching the wires and it seem to fix my problem...didnt mess with it to much yet but it seem to help....thanks,good looking out.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.