Jump to content

Looking for some advise/direction on mids/highs


Nates_Veloster

Recommended Posts

Posted

Purple and I have been going back and forth on some suggestions and I'd like to throw this out and see what others think. I have a Veloster which fits 6.5" components with 1" tweeters in front doors (6.75s will fit as well), 6.5" coaxials in rear. Right now I have all factory and My budget isn't high (for now). I've probably got under $175 to spend total. I have a 175.4 DC (which I know is way larger that what I can use now, but I got a great deal on it and it opens up what I can do in the future). I am not interested in doing any fiberglass right now so I am would like to see what guys would do and some suggestions to look at.

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

Posted

Just buy the front stage right now?

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

Posted

Ya that's what purple and I were talking about. My worry is that I am going to smash the rear as soon as I get it hooked up. I was weighing the option of going 4 comp all the way around and go with some MB or just get a higher grade for front and leave back alone, like purple suggested. Any suggestions of brands/types to look at?

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

Posted

this is what I have in my front doors http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPR-60C-Audio-Component-System/dp/B004VBIEZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363154410&sr=8-1&keywords=alpine+spr60c

And this is what I have in my rear doors http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPR-60-Audio-Coaxial-Speakers/dp/B004VSTYI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363154431&sr=8-1&keywords=alpine+spr60

I know this is a little over your budget but I am just throwing something out there that I have experience with. These sound clean and they are relatively shallow so no need for any fabrication. Like I said, just throwing it out there.

Posted

That's exactly what I want bro. Thanks. Just looking for whats out there so I can see it all and make my choice.

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

Posted

Look in to the Crescendo PWX 6.5's and a set of Audioque super tweets. You can pick the Crescendo's up for $32 each and the set of AQ/SQ tweets for $39. That's $167 total for everything. IMO this is the best way to go, and good luck with your setup. :drinks:

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Posted

Thanks CJ. I appreciate the info. Going look.

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

Posted

Thanks CJ. I appreciate the info. Going look.

Let me know what you think. If you don't like those, there's a million and one more options. Here's the link for the tweets

http://www.soundqubed.com/QP-TH25-SuperTweeter-Sold-As-Pair-_p_104.html

And the link for the PWX's

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/pwx-6-5-mid-range/

Edit: If the PWX's are out of stock, you can also get them here

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/pwx-6-5-crescendo-pro-audio-mid-range.html

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Posted

Hmm, you could still get some Focals or RF P1's

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

Posted

Thanks CJ. I appreciate the info. Going look.

Let me know what you think. If you don't like those, there's a million and one more options. Here's the link for the tweets

http://www.soundqubed.com/QP-TH25-SuperTweeter-Sold-As-Pair-_p_104.html

And the link for the PWX's

http://store.crescendoaudio.com/pwx-6-5-mid-range/

Edit: If the PWX's are out of stock, you can also get them here

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/pwx-6-5-crescendo-pro-audio-mid-range.html

I am diggin this option as well.

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 913 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...