Sundown Audio

Good Amp Under a $100

02Explorer

It was ment as an example of the ignorance people have against products they haven't used. I HAVE and still do use a mono sony xplod amp i baught at wallyworld. Is it the best? Nope. Does it do what it says it does? yah. It pushes the 12 rfp3 sub i have in my surround sound in my house just fine. CEA is accurate CEA doesn't just rate amps they rate a whole slew of other devices both in the mobile audio world and other realms of electronics. I laugh at the fact I've never seen a xplod clamped and rated properly nor have i seen it at all. This however is my opinion. Just my .02. :)

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

non CEA branded amps are sometimes better than CEA branded amps.

you'll only see the rated power out of a branded amp if you're holding 14.4v steady 100% of the time. not many people can do that.

Completly true. Im not saying i aint cea its shit lol. Im just saying for 100 its cea rated it is what it is. But yes i 100% agree.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

On a side note, CEA rating aside...

Signal Clarity

That usually means the quality of the power supply filtering in the amp.

The power supplies are the most expensive component in amplifiers, so lower priced amps tend to have lower quality power supplies that can allow more noise through.

Archived