Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Best option for sub and amp wiring


Recommended Posts

Posted

My brother has a Hifonics zeus zxi1006 and 2x Rockford t1 12" dual 2 ohm subwoofers.

The best i've been able to see is that i will have to wire them each 4 ohm to the amp which is quite a bummer because i was hoping to get 2x that much power to them. am i missing anything or is that my only option?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Posted

You can wire to 4,2 I believe

2_subs_DVC_2_ohm_2ch.jpg

2_subs_DVC_2_ohm_mono.jpg

2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

Posted

i saw the 2 ohm wiring, but i didn't quite understand, would i be able to pull 500 wattsx2 out of 1 channel on the amp?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Posted

If I'm not mistaken, Wire the subs before they reach the amp. That way you have 2 wires (+)(-) going into the amp instead of 4. This way you have more options.

Waiting for the guys with more knowledge to get in here.

Posted

If I'm not mistaken, Wire the subs before they reach the amp. That way you have 2 wires (+)(-) going into the amp instead of 4. This way you have more options.

Waiting for the guys with more knowledge to get in here.

yeah, i just didn't know what you could draw for power. thanks for the help.

anyone else that wants to chime in is very welcomed.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Posted

2_2ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Posted

okay cool, so i can run 2 ohms and theoretically push 500 w to each sub?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 665 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...