Help with replacement springs please (coil-overs?)

Do coil-overs work? Yes.

Coil-over "kits" are primarily designed for lowering. Given that the rear of your vehicle will already be sagging below original ride height (depending on chosen spring stiffness) it can be used to return the rear to original height.

I don't know anything about that kit so idk if they let you pick different springs. Most of the big name companies will though. Or you could always piece-meal your own.

Do coil-overs work? Yes.

Coil-over "kits" are primarily designed for lowering. Given that the rear of your vehicle will already be sagging below original ride height (depending on chosen spring stiffness) it can be used to return the rear to original height.

I don't know anything about that kit so idk if they let you pick different springs. Most of the big name companies will though. Or you could always piece-meal your own.

Thanks, I just want to do it so it's right. I don't want to try spring spacers and stuff. But I will make some calls and try to see what i can find out. I tried to find out some info on my springs, like actual height and things so i could just find something on a different vehicle with a higher capacity i could just yank at a junk yard. I'm not having any luck,

For the most part individual springs aren't very expensive. Depending on the damper chosen, there are many spring options. You could pick the appropriate spring height (length) and rate to fit your application. Now the damper on the other hand can set you back a decent amount depending on what you get.

• 3 weeks later...

Im sure some company out there has a solution for you in one spring.
Just look for a higher spring rate= stiffer.
The ride is going to suck balls and be really stiff. But its worth it not to sag lol

A bigger coil spacer might be a low cost short term solution also

Im sure some company out there has a solution for you in one spring.

Just look for a higher spring rate= stiffer.

The ride is going to suck balls and be really stiff. But its worth it not to sag lol

A bigger coil spacer might be a low cost short term solution also

Coildspringspeciaties quoted me 280 for an extra 700lbs. As the car sits right now its almost level with just a hint of rake front to back. So, i may not need the larger springs. I know i have looked around quite a bit, and it is normal for my car to not have much available for aftermarket parts. It's just too old. Heck, this weekend i had to bypass the window relay for the drivers side because it went out and you can only buy them used for like $30. Why would I buy another used part? lol

Archived