Second Skin Audio

what should i replace?

Azzazel_99

Im thinking of replacing my l7's since they arent a great match for my amp or i could keep them build a better box and replace the amp with something that will run 1500+ rms at 2ohm. I'm swaying back and forth what which to replace the amp or the subs. Subs are brand new only 2 months'ish old and same with the amp. If i re wired the subs it would run at .5 ohm and i dont think thats a smart idea for a brz2100.1D lol. Advice? Discuss...........

That amp is rated 1400 at 2 ohms. Not sure what that amp really does. . .

It takes double power in theory to gain 3 dB, but it never happens. So, it will take a lot more power to see big gains.

Keep both the amp and subs, build the correct box (you mention building a better box, so I assume yours is less than ideal), and see what you end up with.

If you are looking for a night and day difference when you upgrade, better replace both the amp and subs, or really increase your cone area if you keep the same amp.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Since my amp is 1ohm stable its probably gonna be the subs that go first at least thats what im thinking is the right path. The l7's have a nice punch to them but im just not seeing the low low bass but we shall see what i get outta a better box then roll from there i guess

Archived