Sonic Electronix

1st build...Ideas? Input from ppl with more knowledge than me.

Here goes nothing...

I've searched for hours to find info on building a box in my Civic but cant really find much. First off, Im not rich so this whole build will be as cheap as possible and redneck! Lol...anyways, I want to build a box for 2-12" RF P3s that will be right behind my rear seat. Im also going to seal off the trunk. Is this ok? I see alot of wall builds in the back seats that they seal off the trunk. is it right to seal off the trunk with a box in there? The subs and port/s will be facing forward. I guess, before I start this whole thing, I would like some ideas/input from anyone who is willing. Like I said this is my first build besides throwing some subs in a box in a trunk. I just want to get as loud as I can with what I have for equipment for as cheap as poss.

Go ahead......let me have it!!!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

LMFAO!!! Ok....I am not THAT redneck! Wow.....but...how hard will you laugh when I tell you that im too cheap to go buy fucking Dynamat and prob will use some left over Ice&Water Shield?!?! (Peel&Seal) I know that ones gonna hurt me..... :noob:

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Dude these guys will tear your ass up for even mentioning peal and seal....Dont fuck your ride up....I got this in a fortune cookie once , it read.. No Job big or small do it right or not at all..< Thats some real shit...haha I dont have anymore input ima noob myself

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Welcome to the forum!

Sealing the woofers from the trunk into the car works out great and has been proven in many builds.

Im sure someone with P3 box building experience will chime in.

First lets get some more info, what style of music do you listen to?

A large variety, mainly rap, or heavy/ low bass style songs? We will need to know what areas of tuning will be right for you.

XS-power1.jpg

I listen to all kinds but I want to be able to put on some psyph and show it off too. I know I'm not going to be the loudest by any means but I want to be as good as I can with what I have. I can build my own box and wire everything. Kinda looking for a box idea... Also I hear a lot about "not mixing subs". So should I not try to build a box for 4 and use my other p1s? I know I prob sound stupid but I only ask cause I don't know and want to learn....

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Archived