Need help with box design please help first box build

Ok I got 2 alpine type R's module number swr12d4 amazing subs in my opinion. Anyway I was looking to build a proper box to house them but I have quite a few questions first being alpine only asks for 1.71 cubes per sub is this enough or should I go bigger?? Next my vehicle is a 98 Chevy blazer I have plenty of truck space 38 inch wide . I want a box with a common chamber. Would a L port be the best kind of port for this?? I'm looking for a tuning around 30 to 35 Hz wouldn't mind lower. So if anyone would help me out please all advise will be greatly appreciated.

im running the same subs 2 12 type r's right now i have them in a box built to alpine specs with a l port tuned to 33 hz and it sounds great. i have heard these subs in a bigger box and they seem to put out a good bit more then in the smaller box. the bigger box i heard them in was 2.25cubic foot per sub l port and they slammed a hard. i working on redoing my box building something bigger hopefully will have it done by next weekend so i will let you know how it turns out and try to get a few videos up

• 1 month later...

ok so i just got the box in and metered for the first time today sorry it took so long but its a 4.4 cubic foot tuned to 33 hertz subs facing the dash and i hit a 141.2 thats with 2 alpine m500 amps so im running the subs at half of the rated power. i will post some pics and videos hopefully tomorrow let me know if you need any help ive been trying to get max spl with these subs

Archived