audio for the shop

ok so im new to all this home audio stuff. So im looking to do a small set up in my shop. Looking at 3-4 small towers and a cd/ipod and fm reciever. Just wondering what you guys would recommend. My budget for the whole thing im thinking around 300? idk im doing some looking around right now to see what stuff cost. Im trying to stay on the cheap side just because its just for a shop nothing to important. So any suggestion on any speakers or receivers would be great. Thanks!

theres a blowout sale on some decent speakers here:

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/speaker-buyouts/3380?sort=pasc

you could definitly get some decent sound quality..... heard good things about tangband ( or whatever its called)

make a build log :)

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

theres a blowout sale on some decent speakers here:

http://www.parts-express.com/cat/speaker-buyouts/3380?sort=pasc

you could definitly get some decent sound quality..... heard good things about tangband ( or whatever its called)

make a build log :)

Thanks ill look into that. Im also trying to find a way out to get better reception. Its a all metal building so about every channel has alot static. I think i might look into a outdoor antenna.

honestly i have been in an all metal building and the only thing i had to do to get good reception is taking a wire that is long enough to go outside and up the side of the building a lil bit...... worked great for me.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

yea pretty much exactly what i was saying :D

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

Thanks ill have to try that. I just put a plain sony radio and some speakers in there and dont get me wrong they sounded better than what was in there, but that receiver is horrible for getting reception in there. i tried moving that little fm wire all over the place and nothing. But ill try that trick for now until i can find something else.

they would probably be good given you have enough power to make them sound decent..... says 300 rms rated so they probably handle like 100 to 150 rms safely. but they are dj loudspeakers so i bet they sound alright and get decently loud :D

edit: also have had good luck with the seller vm innovations. they ship pretty fast and customer service is pretty good too! fwiw lol

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

they would probably be good given you have enough power to make them sound decent..... says 300 rms rated so they probably handle like 100 to 150 rms safely. but they are dj loudspeakers so i bet they sound alright and get decently loud :D

edit: also have had good luck with the seller vm innovations. they ship pretty fast and customer service is pretty good too! fwiw lol

Yeah i seen a review on them and there pretty good considering the price. I just gotta find a decent receiver to power them. Im having a buddy of mine look for one tommo at this computer/tv shop he owns. I tried that wire trick you said and it really didnt work. I did it a little differently though i just ran the wire straight out the top of a hole in the roof and it was still staticy as hell. So my same buddy said he could hook me up with a outdoor antenna that should do the trick. Id be fine with just using my ipod or cds but my dad is the one that wants to use the radio.

Archived