Second Skin Audio

Audison Voce 5.1k, Why Subwoofer Isn't Very Loud?

TITUS1985

It would be better to have one to control sub volume, but I don't think you're running enough to worry about it right now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You can control sub volume from your head unit, just not as easy as having the knob.

What volume are you running your head unit at? Something just occurred to me.

It would be better to have one to control sub volume, but I don't think you're running enough to worry about it right now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You can control sub volume from your head unit, just not as easy as having the knob.

What volume are you running your head unit at? Something just occurred to me.

I'm running anywhere from 25 to 30 out of a total of 35 volume units, depending on the song.

Hm. Yeah I'm not sure what else to do to help you. Although be careful you're not clipping. I doubt you are at that level, but I have no way of knowing, unless someone chimes in, or you DD-1 it, where that head unit clips at. You don't want to do anything to hurt the amp.

SO these are the things I would do:

Get a pair of RCA's or a single set of RCA's and run from your head unit to the amp for your A and B channels. Get it off those speaker wires. NO need for them, and it could be causing an issue otherwise. Don't know how, but it might be. This will only improve your sound anyway.

Second, I would highly recommend buying a DMM. You can get them at any hardware store, lowes, home depot, hell even WalMart has them. Check the coils on the sub, and the ohms going to the amp.

Next, again, I would highly recommend finding someone with one or buying a DD-1 to properly set your gains and head unit. This is a big site, you may have someone near you willing to help you set it.

Once you've done those things, look into crossover settings.

See if someone has a sub you can borrow and see if there is any improvement.

All else fails, take it to a shop. I would avoid Best Buy, but that's me. Where did you get the new amp from? Maybe take it to that shop and have them look at it. I know it costs money to have some of this stuff done, but that's the way this hobby works. Gotta pay to play.

Aside of that I hope someone else can chime in with something cause I'm kind of out of answers. I know Ray would be a good resource but I think he's kind of hard to find these days.

And pictures. As soon as you can get those up that would go a long way to helping you as well.

Hm. Yeah I'm not sure what else to do to help you. Although be careful you're not clipping. I doubt you are at that level, but I have no way of knowing, unless someone chimes in, or you DD-1 it, where that head unit clips at. You don't want to do anything to hurt the amp.

SO these are the things I would do:

Get a pair of RCA's or a single set of RCA's and run from your head unit to the amp for your A and B channels. Get it off those speaker wires. NO need for them, and it could be causing an issue otherwise. Don't know how, but it might be. This will only improve your sound anyway.

Second, I would highly recommend buying a DMM. You can get them at any hardware store, lowes, home depot, hell even WalMart has them. Check the coils on the sub, and the ohms going to the amp.

Next, again, I would highly recommend finding someone with one or buying a DD-1 to properly set your gains and head unit. This is a big site, you may have someone near you willing to help you set it.

Once you've done those things, look into crossover settings.

See if someone has a sub you can borrow and see if there is any improvement.

All else fails, take it to a shop. I would avoid Best Buy, but that's me. Where did you get the new amp from? Maybe take it to that shop and have them look at it. I know it costs money to have some of this stuff done, but that's the way this hobby works. Gotta pay to play.

Aside of that I hope someone else can chime in with something cause I'm kind of out of answers. I know Ray would be a good resource but I think he's kind of hard to find these days.

And pictures. As soon as you can get those up that would go a long way to helping you as well.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions I'm going out today to buy all new RCA cables and start from there and I bought it from Aspen Sound and took it back to them to see if I did anything wrong hooking it up and they changed the In-C / A+B switch so it was on the A+B but when they did that it sounded so sloppy and I know that wasn't right because this amp is all about SQ; plus I lost control of the sub through the head unit so by doing that it was bypassing the RCA in anyway. But anyway this is the sport when you upgrade to bigger and better things you gotta know what your doing and that's why I'm hear so I can learn more and hopefully one day help others as well.

Thanks again for all the help scooter99 and to everyone else who had input it's greatly appreciated! This forum site is awesome!!

Also I'm still trying to figure out how to post the pictures on here so you guys can see..

Do me a favor and max out your sub vol on the head unit and tell me what happens.

Ill explain the photos when I get back to my desk. On mobile right now.

hey I did this and all that happen was the sub sounded super sloppy and distorted when it hit ...

but I went out and got all new RCA cables for all the channels and installed them today and there was a world of difference!

Archived