Second Skin Audio

Audison Voce 5.1k, Why Subwoofer Isn't Very Loud?

TITUS1985

Hi there, hopefully there are some people on this forum that have this amp (Audison Voce 5.1k) or one like it that could help me out. I'm confused on how I should go about hooking up the input wires to the amp; either through the 3 sets of RCA's or should I just do the subwoofer RCA and then run speaker wires straight off the head unit into the A and B channel inputs???

The way I have it hooked up right now is the A and B channels are using the wires from the head unit and the C channel is using the sub out RCA.

I've had this amp for about two weeks now and I've tried running both my subs and then just one of them to see if that would help (the reason being because the subs are dual 4 ohm 600 watts RMS a piece (so I had them wired so it was a 4 ohm load) and the amp will either do 600 watts @ 4 ohm or 1000 watts @ 2 ohm on the C channel)

My question in wiring is because now I'm running (1) sub and it's a dual 4 ohm 600 watts RMS; and the amp at a 2 ohm load is rated at 1000 watts RMS so shouldn't that just be smashing my sub without the gain turned up very much (right now I can turn the gain up to 4 [it only goes to 5] and then the sub starts to actually play decently?? I had a 2 channel piece of crap best buy amp before and it made both of my subs play harder than this Audison amp; so I'm wondering if I just don't have this amp setup quite right yet. :/

If it helps any, my setup is:

Kenwood DDX719

Audison Voce 5.1k

Hertz HSK 163 (fronts, on B channel)

Hertz HSK 130 (rears, on A channel)

(1) Insignia Dual 4 ohm 600 watt RMS (sub, on C channel @ 2 ohm load) yes I know POS compared to the rest but it's doin' it's job (well it was at least haha)

Any help or input is greatly appreciated would love to learn more about 5 channel amps now that I have one.

Sorry it's so long didn't know how else to say it..

ok I'll change that over. Thanks for the reply, I hate to ask but is there a specific reason to use the RCA's?

umm clean signal!!

from my experiences with audison is that it likes a 5v imput voltage or you amp gain will be cranked

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

my head unit is 4 volt preout ... is this what your referring to?

and I thought by taking the speaker wires right from the back of the deck it was going to be cleaner than using RCA's but I could be wrong, that's why I'm here haha

No no no no, RCA is cleaner.

Other question did you check your sub´s, is all wiring correct, are the coils on the sub´s ok?

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Could be something simple. I have the same amp. If your using rcas coming from the head to ch C inputs on your amp then make sure the switch on your amp labeled In-C is Switched to on. Are you using the remote sub controller? What is your low pass filter set to on ch C? Check our settings on the head unit, maybe you have the sub output turned down low without knowing. Did you actually measure your preout voltage on your rcas?

Could be something simple. I have the same amp. If your using rcas coming from the head to ch C inputs on your amp then make sure the switch on your amp labeled In-C is Switched to on. Are you using the remote sub controller? What is your low pass filter set to on ch C? Check our settings on the head unit, maybe you have the sub output turned down low without knowing. Did you actually measure your preout voltage on your rcas?

The switch for In-C is set to on; I have no clue what the other side means so I left it alone. Low pass filter is set on around 85. On the head unit I have the crossover point set at 80 phasing set to normal and subwoofer level set at 0. The whole 4 volt preout is what it said online so I'm guessing this is true haha.

My advise is find someone with a DD-1 and set everything according to the DD-1. If you're truly wired in Parallel ( + to + and - to -) then you should be seeing a 2ohm load, which if you're correct should be getting you close to 1000 watts. That should be more than enough to push the sub. Although I don't know what sub. If you have them hooked up in series, you're going to be seeing an 8ohm load instead of a 2ohm load. Check out this for wiring reference. Don't mean that to say you don't know how to wire, just double checking and making sure.

What head unit are you using?

Maybe you have a bad RCA?

Could be a number of things.

Can you please list out your equipment for us, and if possible take pics of the way you've got it hooked up? Settings on the amp.

Also you might check the coils with a DMM, make sure they're the ohm load you think they are, then check your final load, + and - that goes to the amp, and make sure you're at a 2 ohm load.

That should get us going in the right direction for finding the issue.

Archived