Sundown Audio

1500 BDCP at .5

ImaNoob

You'll be fine at .7

Steve runs his .7 on the SMDs daily

theres a difference between steve and this guy. just because one person does one thing doesnt mean the next should

What's the difference ?

steve has been messing around with car audio for almost 3 decades.

Yeah thats a long time. Its not like he sprinkels some magic dust on his amps to make them play at .7 though. Clean unclipped power /signal and keeping solid voltage is key right ? I know theres more to it im just saying< Im new to this, just trying to make sense..Thanks

.7 is close enough to 1 ohm.

Fi wouldn't put .7 coils on their subs if it would break everyone' stuff. Your amp isn't some chinese crap amp that's really only 2 or 4 ohm stable but advertised as 1. It's a well built amp. It's not like your amp will go: "Oh no! I'm .3 ohms under, time to explode!"

Think about how many unhappy customers there would be if the amp blew up if it's being run a little under rated lol. You have dual 2 coils. You are fine

Thanks Snow ^ I dont think i need to call rockford...I feel pretty safe running how i am after rechecking the sub in the box..

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

The ohm load you're seeing with your dmm is not the nominal ohm load of the speaker. The ohm load your dmm reads is a direct current load which is not to be confused with the actual impedance of the speaker. Go off of what fi tells you the ohm of the coils are and not what your dmm reads. Dmms are usually pretty close but they aren't correct. Just something to think about.

Archived