Second Skin Audio

2010 ford fusion small upgrade

bsipes30

2010 ford fusion hybrid

Just highlighting the box build on this one as not much is going into this car. It has the factory nav and premium stereo so i'll use a loc to hook this up. It also has a navigation overide device that i purchased from coastal tech so that we can play movies on the factory screen while driving down the road.

IMG_02471_zps22d9c7cb.jpg

IMG_02481_zps3eadd493.jpg

IMG_02601_zps362284d9.jpg

After getting this installed i have a bit more information on this. The factory sony amps are on the passenger side and there are 2 of them. one to run the mids and high and one to run the 2 factory subs(they are 6X9 in the rear deck). Once you pull the carpet off the wall you can see the bigger amp and the smaller amp is behind it.

Here is the factory sony amp for mids and highs already unbolted
IMG_02731_zpsbbede46a.jpg

Here is the sub amp. It is probably the size of a coke can
IMG_02741_zps4f0554b9.jpg

I placed the line out converter after the sub amp because honestly... how much power is it really putting out? not much more than an aftermarket headunit.

Here is what it looks like in the car with everything put back
IMG_02781_zps812f5d7e.jpg

P.S. I got the sub and box for 140 and the amp for 80 bucks... not bad! With wiring and paint and the line out converter i'm around 280 bucks

• 11 months later...

You may be JUST who I have been looking for! My wife just purchased a 2014 Fusion Titanium Hybrid. She has always had bangin systems. To her disapointment, I was told by Crutchfield that the maximum size amplifier we can add to the car is 350 watts with a max fuse in the amp of 30 amps. Unfortunatly, the highest wattage amplifier I have found with a 30 amp fuse is 250 watts. What is your opinion?

Archived