My 03 Frontier budget build

Hello,

I found this forum over the weekend while looking around for gain setting advice and decided to join up. Here are some photos of my 03 frontier build. One of the stock speakers blew so I decided to use that as an excuse to put together a system to put in. Most of the stuff I had laying around from a previous car.

The headunit I am using is a Pioneer AVH-3200DVD I picked up for cheap from Amazon a couple years ago.

mLj50tS.jpg

For my speakers I am using a set of Polk Audio DXI6500 components, here is a picture of the tweeter mounted in the A-Pillar

d8FpBk9.jpg

In the back are two Rockford Punch 550.2 amps I had sitting around, 1 for the speakers, 1 for the sub. I still need to go back and clean up the wiring, which I am going to run behind the carpet. The amps have covers that I don't have on yet, the wires will not be visible once I am finished. The sub is an old Rockford Punch P3D2-12 I had laying around. The box I picked up online which should be 0.88cu ft.

Jvezo62.jpg

And here is the truck that everything is installed in, she ain't much to look at and Nissan would not acknowledge that the paint was a factory defect.

rkX2tJN.jpg

Overall I'm really happy with how everything sounds. To set the gain for the amps, I used a formula I found online to calculate watts to volts. For example, with the speakers I used a 1KHz test tone at 75% volume and used a multimeter to adjust the gain until I reached 20v, or 100 watts per channel at 4 ohms. For the sub I used the same method but with a 50Hz test tone and adjusted to 47v for 550 watts at 4 ohms bridged. Thanks for looking and let me know what you guys think.

Archived