Second Skin Audio

Yet another Box Build!

hey guys, once again I am back for some box opinions. I have a new vehicle now and have a lot more room... was thinking a wall but I only have one 18" btl right now (sold other to a friend). SO ANYWAY, currently I have max dims: 48 wide x 36 high x 17 depth. This box will be sliding in through the rear passenger door so 16" depth or smaller is needed to squeeze through the gap. Also, the box will just be sitting on the bottom of seat mount. So when I look in my rear view mirror all I will see is MDF and Fi. Pretty much flat floor, I will most likely make a false floor so that the box is easy to get into place but I will worry about that later. I can use 3/4" wood or 1" wood. Cost for this box is not an issue. I have been messing around in torres and get around 9 cuft NET LOL. I don't know how this sub would like a 9 cu ft enclosure... The dims can be smaller and a normal 7.5 cu ft box can be made. But I just like to do crazy things some time. here it is anyway, and please give opinions, positive or negative. I am a learner LOL. Also, If you guys wanted to get fancy and give some other dims and tuning so that I could maybe see out of my rear view mirror that would be nice. If not - dont worry about it lol.

Amp I will be running - sundown 2k ... also have another one if I feel like using it (most likely not it is way to pretty)

Electrical - 200 amp alt up front, stock police grade battery, big three in 0 gauge, and 0 gauge ran to amp. (currently looking for a battery bank)

I had a XS D2400 in my old car but sold it with the car... should of kept it but whatever. I can and most likely will buy a D6500 or two for this car.

here is my first quick mock up with rough dims:

boxdims1_zps1dfe8449.png

already had to edit that pic baffle and port thickness set to 1"

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Archived