Behringer EP2000

OK i'm almost sure i posted this on here before but can't seem to find the post anywhere so here is what I am wanting to accomplish. This is going to be my garage system I have my old Yamaha receiver and some old Yamaha towers for the highs and mids. I want to use my MTX 9500's I have laying around in a ported box that clearly won't be getting used in my pick up so I mine as well put them to use someplace so what better place than the garage. What i'm having a hard time figuring out is what I need to do to hook the EP2000 up to the receiver. Attached is a picture of the back of the EP2000 amp. I am kinda planning on running the EP in the mono mode feeding 1000 to each 9500. I don't know if I'm over thinking this and all I'd need is a sing RCA to 1/4" TRS or Dual RCA to 1/4" TRS?? My gut is telling me that i need to go from the sub out put to one of the 1/4" TRS input's on the EP???? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Also do you think i should get decent output from this in a garage setting? or would i be better off buying a dayton 12 and a plate amp and build a 4 cuft box and using that? I just really wanted to use this since i have it already.

EP2000.png

The problem is those Home Theatre amps have really low voltage from the subwoofer pre-out. You may need something to boost it.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

what model receiver do you have?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

• 2 months later...

You run a Female RCA -> Male XLR adapter to use RCA input. You use a 4 pole Speakon connector to connect your sub wiring. To bridge you connect the positive to the +1 pole and the negative to the +2 pole.

Don't use the TRS because you'll end up using an entire cable that is RCA on one end and TRS on the other and they cost a lot. All you need is the $9 adapter i described above.

Here's a video or two of my setups using Behringer iNuke amps.

-Also I have a video on my channel of an RE SEX 12" powered off one of the Dayton audio plate amps. The plate amp maxed at 500rms and cost like $400. The Behringer is a much better route.

• 2 weeks later...

There are basically two line level standards, consumer (+4dBu) and professional (-20dBu). I'm not sure what those microswitches are on the back of that behringer amp, but a home receiver will put out the consumer line level, I'd hazard a guess that you could set the behringer amp to accept a consumer line level input and just use a cable adapter.

If you're running the sub mono, then you should be able to get that amp running in bridge mode, so you will only need a single input.

Archived