• 2 weeks later...

it does and i know. i got a new one with still no luck. so i bailed on that option. sadly though now im sitting on that piece until i can sell it. but good news...

I GOT IT PLAYING TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME I HAVE PROPER BASS IN OVER A YEAR IN A HALF. but alas, its still not loud enough for me. until i get money together for a full head unit replacement and integration it will have to do. hella loud though and i never drop below 14v, so thats good. but at 4ohms i didnt expect to. ill get some vids tomorrow. i just got her playing at 10 something at night went and drove around on the highway and the mall and a few other abandoned places to test er out. man am i glad to have bass again.

Good to hear man, I had some issues at first, but was able to get the acc from the ignition wire.

2006 Chevy Trailblazer ~ KX 1200.1 ~ 2 Skar VVX 15" ~Big 3 upgrade ~ Pioneer AVH 4100 ~ 275 Amp Singer Alt ~ PRV 6.5 front doors~ 6000K Hids

• 2 weeks later...

did you just use a hi/low adaptor? nice build btw !!

yes i did, figured it was just the simplest form of getting it done now. then i tapped into the factory fuse block and found a circut that only is on when the key is in the on position as the amp trigger. works beautifully.

okay so i know im like the worst at updating this thread but between the 50-60 hour weeks ive been working for the last 3-4 weeks and going to chicago last weekend ive hardly had time to sit and think let alone get anything done with my build. but that being said i do have a simple crappy vid for you guys that are interested, i do have a few more minutes recorded but i need a video editor before i post it because the first half of the vid is pointless nonsense.

so the box has been in hiatus as it is for the last couple weeks. but i talked my dad into letting me order "US" some fiberglass. *so we could split the bill... muahaha, no. but, seriously. well i got on us composites and placed an order, and got some packages today... *pics will be in my next post. *they're uploading now.

welp the plan is to glass the inside of my box with a couple supporting dowl rods i have, to get all the strength ill ever need. then i need to bondo up the edge of the port.

ive got a kewl idea of how im going to make the port opening work with the pillowed effect im going for on the rest of the box. which will get done asap after i get the glassing done.

• 2 weeks later...

got couple layers of glass down and bracing in before that. putting on last layer of glass tonight and then putting er back in the TB. going to get bondo on fri/sat and going to finish the box, wrapped an all. so look forward to lots of pics then

on another note i got some replacement speakers for the rear doors seeing how i blew the one out and the other is on its way, and some acoustical foam. so ill put a few layers of spectrum down in the doors plus the foam and then the new speakers. should be a big improvement. hopefully getting around to all of that tomorrow during my free time.

IMAG0644.jpg

IMAG0645.jpg

IMAG0646.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

IMAG0650.jpg

IMAG0651.jpg

welp i learned what happens when you mix too much hardener into your resin lol, but i got my last layer of glass down. its 2-3 layers of mat in the corners

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

Archived