Sundown Audio

Need some input on an Audiobahn amp?

1996BLKBauer

It has the sort of phone jack looking thing when it was new, are those sold separately? I would really hate to tear apart my truck to get to my RCAs again....

The phone jack looking thing was the stock bass knob that came with the amplifier. Since the amp is discontinued you would have to find a used one somebody is selling. Your best bet would be the PAC LC-1. I know how it feels to have to rip everything apart, but sometimes it needs to be done. Hell, I have had to rip out my ENTIRE system, and tear half of my car apart. To install an alternator. Haha, so I feel your pain.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

i know i am hateing on a product but if it makes you feel better this is a newer boss amp i don't think they could really make come back after this

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149231-boss-ph4000d/

That why I came here for your honest opinion on this amp, This may seem odd, after reading my first statement, but when I bought all my stuff for my truck I did a ton of research, so I knew it was good. But that boss amp looks to be garbage, although I really don't know what I am looking for, and how much an amp rated that much should have.

S.o.s pad will clean that amp up..and will not scratch it up like a steal wool

Wait, doesn't SOS pads have Steel Wool in them? By steel wool I mean #0004 size, which is super super fine, I used to use in on my rims, and bumpers, and it never scratched them.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

i know i am hateing on a product but if it makes you feel better this is a newer boss amp i don't think they could really make come back after this

That why I came here for your honest opinion on this amp, This may seem odd, after reading my first statement, but when I bought all my stuff for my truck I did a ton of research, so I knew it was good. But that boss amp looks to be garbage, although I really don't know what I am looking for, and how much an amp rated that much should have.

>>>S.o.s pad will clean that amp up..and will not scratch it up like a steal wool

Wait, doesn't SOS pads have Steel Wool in them? By steel wool I mean #0004 size, which is super super fine, I used to use in on my rims, and bumpers, and it never scratched them.

lets just say i have seen amps around 500 rms have more guts than this anorexic bish

btw i was looking for your amp's guts but can't find any

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

It has the sort of phone jack looking thing when it was new, are those sold separately? I would really hate to tear apart my truck to get to my RCAs again....

The phone jack looking thing was the stock bass knob that came with the amplifier. Since the amp is discontinued you would have to find a used one somebody is selling. Your best bet would be the PAC LC-1. I know how it feels to have to rip everything apart, but sometimes it needs to be done. Hell, I have had to rip out my ENTIRE system, and tear half of my car apart. To install an alternator. Haha, so I feel your pain.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure. For less then $20 it seems pretty legit, but I do have one question though, do I set the gain on the amp all the way down, and simply adjust it with the new Remote Level Controller? It also seems that I will be able to get away with just taking out the Head unit to install it.

>>>S.o.s pad will clean that amp up..and will not scratch it up like a stea

l wool

lets just say i have seen amps around 500 rms have more guts than this anorexic bish

btw i was looking for your amp's guts but can't find any

Well then I may be the first to post it... If I can get around to cleaning it that is... Working 2 jobs, and school leaves me with not time to do anything. I'll post in this thread so you can check it out, Like I said I am really not sure what I am looking for...

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure. For less then $20 it seems pretty legit, but I do have one question though, do I set the gain on the amp all the way down, and simply adjust it with the new Remote Level Controller? It also seems that I will be able to get away with just taking out the Head unit to install it.

No sir. When you go to tune the amp, you will want the PAC LC-1 installed, and turned all the way up. The knob will never exceed what you have the gain on the amplifier set to.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

here is a gut shot of your amp

Nice, I am surprised that I missed that on EXo's channel... did he die or something? haven't seen any videos by him in a long time... But I digress, mine is the monoblock version but same lineup. So one VU meter, but I am hoping to see the same type of board lay out, and now I know why there are 2 holes in the front of it, I will most likely need to clean out them...

its best to set them where you want cuz all the pac does is act like a volume knob for the amp. want a little less bass turn it down turn it all the way up to go full blast on your settings at the amp

No sir. When you go to tune the amp, you will want the PAC LC-1 installed, and turned all the way up. The knob will never exceed what you have the gain on the amplifier set to.

Good to know, thanks guys. I do feel really stupid for asking all the questions, but I have learned a lot.

here is a gut shot of your amp

Nice, I am surprised that I missed that on EXo's channel... did he die or something? haven't seen any videos by him in a long time... But I digress, mine is the monoblock version but same lineup. So one VU meter, but I am hoping to see the same type of board lay out, and now I know why there are 2 holes in the front of it, I will most likely need to clean out them...

yeah there will probably be a good amount of dust/dirt lol

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived