Here we go, for real...my new live sound/DJ rig (Updated 4/29)

One order complete, three more to go. The speakers, stands, wireless mic rack, and lighting is being shipped today. Waiting on payment info to pay for my trussing. Also waiting on a call back from the case company to get those ordered, plus the last order which will be covers for my existing speakers and either a USB/DMX interface or a DMX controller.

POTATO!

Update...well, some stuff is on the way, some is backordered...here's what I'm looking at status-wise right now...

Speakers: Shipped (one day late...), should be here Friday or Monday
Wireless Mics/Rack: Shipped on Monday, will be here Friday
Mic Stands: Processed & shipped, no tracking yet
Lights: Backordered until 05/10/13 (little slightly pissed off about this...)
Trussing: Backordered until start of May (still pissed off)
Cases/Snake: Processed, should be shipped, no tracking info as of yet...

As for the backordered products, It's not their fault, I know, but I should have been told something before I ordered...thank god the Fab5's are worth the wait.

POTATO!

the fabs are worth the wait, have you concidered using actual box truss? instead of stands? or space a big thing for you? I have regretted getting truss over he winch stands ever

okay maybe I have a couple of times hah

anyway im keen for pics! id be lying if i said i wasnt jelly about your new shiny gear!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

the fabs are worth the wait, have you concidered using actual box truss? instead of stands? or space a big thing for you? I have regretted getting truss over he winch stands ever

anyway im keen for pics! id be lying if i said i wasnt jelly about your new shiny gear!

I'll pick up some Global later down the road, but for now 20' front and back Duratruss will be fine. And the moment you (and I) have been waiting for...

Thursday, the mic stands came in. 12 K&M 210/6 tall boom stands and 8 K&M 25950 short boom stands. Very sturdy (and packing 24 of them into a bag does not equal light at ALL)...

528458_10152799352435512_389713922_n.jpg

Friday, the wireless rack came in. Bought used from the dealer, it contained 5 Audix RAD360 wireless systems, 5 handhelds with 5 OM3 heads and 1 OM7 head, plus 5 lavalier packs with 2 clip-on lav mics, 2 guitar cables, and 1 Countryman G2 headset mic. All enclosed in a nice (used) case.

15257_10152801992555512_63201206_n.jpg

Had a show over the weekend using the EV system in a small bar with one of the southern rock bands I work with. Not a huge crowd, and aside from the bassist being way too loud, the show went over great. I'm VERY impressed with the quality of the Audix wireless mics...three OM3's at the front and one OM7 for the drummer, very little bleed, and the vocals were clean and pristine. The lights were loaner lights that one of my friends lent me for the next couple of weeks (the two 4Bar's..the front lights on the ground are the lead vocalist's, a last minute idea, turned out OK but I have some warm white LED cans coming in to take care of that)

399886_10152805618710512_726643996_n.jpg

601820_10152805913710512_1823976250_n.jp

Few clips from the show...

Something Bout A Truck (Cover) + Country Girl (Shake It For Me) (Cover)

Backwoods Redneck Pedigree (Original)

Wagon Wheel (Cover) + Friday Night In The Headlights (Original)

And today, after sitting at the station for 4 hours, the Fedex Freight truck showed up at the station...After 2 more hours of unpacking, I finally got the speakers back to the house and got to test them. 3 hours of playing program music plus the live recording of Saturday's show, and I am 100% impressed...I have four shows coming up the next 4 Saturday's...first one is a blues band, which I will give these a go on, the next one is the same band, then an all-day benefit which will really bring these speakers out and see what they're capable of.

923057_10152811502700512_813485449_n.jpg

Excuse the mess...lol

942866_10152811391255512_671306907_n.jpg

Stay tuned. Cases are due in by Wednesday...Lights and trussing will be due in a couple weeks.

POTATO!

Excuse the mess...lol

Stay tuned. Cases are due in by Wednesday...Lights and trussing will be due in a couple weeks.

mate!

thats a very purple tree in the background :peepwall:

seriously though. that pa is looking mint! have you got another couple of subs coming? if not, can i reccomend building some boxes to go between the subs and tops? they don't need to be much, but you will miss having the height you can get with the ol' poles

I use road cases normally but some clean black boxes would look nicer( make them so they can be used as storage of exces cable/transportation of assorted shit)

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Excuse the mess...lol

mate!

thats a very purple tree in the background :peepwall:

seriously though. that pa is looking mint! have you got another couple of subs coming? if not, can i reccomend building some boxes to go between the subs and tops? they don't need to be much, but you will miss having the height you can get with the ol' poles

I use road cases normally but some clean black boxes would look nicer( make them so they can be used as storage of exces cable/transportation of assorted shit)

I will be picking up another couple pairs of subs down the road (and probably some KLA's for an easy array system) I've heard 2:1 sub to top ratio is perfect for these outdoors. Most gigs I will only be using one pair of tops anyways, the ones that I need two will have the elevation I need anyways. I was still amazed by the sound of the tops alone, there is plenty of punch in the 15's to give the kick a real nice sound, and the 18's on an aux mix give it that extra thump that makes it sound perfect. I'm about to take them outside and fire them up again, since it's a nice day.

POTATO!

:droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup:

I would love me some KLA's small and easy and sound mint

:droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup::droolcup:

I would love me some KLA's small and easy and sound mint

Exactly. I'll probably pick 8 of them up for medium sized stuff, and use the dB Technologies gear (I WILL get some one of these days) for large scale stuff

POTATO!

I want to get some cobras. I like big bulky systems :)

I want to get some cobras. I like big bulky systems :)

They're nice, but not on your back lol. The Cobra's do look like a nice system though.

POTATO!

Archived