Here we go, for real...my new live sound/DJ rig (Updated 4/29)

The bank finally approved everything, although a couple hundred short of our goal, which will still allow me to get what I need. I'm excited, this is a lot of stuff that I've been needing for a while to handle everything short of the few large festivals here...A good chunk of the stuff will be coming from one dealer, the truss from another, and the cases/snake/mic cables from a retailer.

Current Equipment:
Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 Soundboard (LOVE IT!)
EV LiveX Speakers, 4 12" loudspeakers, 2 15" loudspeakers, and 2 18" subwoofers, all powered (these will become my monitor rig)
Various Shure and EV mics, plus an Audix drum mic kit...

New Equipment:
4 QSC KW153 loudspeakers over 4 QSC KW181 subwoofers, all powered
Audix RAD360 wireless mic system (buying used from the dealer, set of 5 receivers, handhelds, and packs with a couple extra mics for misc. jobs)
K&M mic stands
American DJ Duratruss front & back
Blizzard Fab5 LED PAR cans
Misc. LED effects with DMX board
New 200' Reel Snake, mic cables, and subsnakes
Radial DI boxes
EWI Road cases and tabletop/drawer case

I may have to knock things down a bit to get everything into budget, including a trailer, but things are looking good so far. Going to hopefully be picking the trailer up this week, with the stuff ordered for a show next Friday with a band I've been working with (funk band, uses a belt-on cowbell, PA horn, and puts on a hell of a show).

POTATO!

<3 k&m

lol

can i suggest getting a 32/8 snake? for when you upgrade to a behri? :)

hahahah

ohhh ill take some pictures tomorrow, but this gig i packed in today, im using wireless DI's.... makes life so much easier! its a competition thing so i have no idea what bands are going to be jumping up

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Im sure he will put some up when he gets it all

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

I was just messing round with some sennheiser receivers and plugback transmitters lol. so it was just a passive di with a transmitter plugged into it. works well but i do have a few active ones plugged in aswel lol just in case

I was just messing round with some sennheiser receivers and plugback transmitters lol. so it was just a passive di with a transmitter plugged into it. works well but i do have a few active ones plugged in aswel lol just in case

I may try that with the RAD360's I'm getting. A couple of them are supopsed to have 1/4" cables for the transmitter packs.

POTATO!

Is there a reason your going for a reel snake? I'm not a fan of them because of how big they are to hide on a stage

Also that's a long ass reel!!

Is there a reason your going for a reel snake? I'm not a fan of them because of how big they are to hide on a stage

Also that's a long ass reel!!

Easier to manage when storing versus wrapping and dragging a standard snake inside a case. And yes it is, lol. Gives me plenty of room though. I might just get the 150ft, but 200 should handle just about anything I need lol

POTATO!

Archived