Second Skin Audio

Custom Box

artl666

hello all. i am starting a project in my 99 alero. i want to build a custom wood and fiberglass enclosure for my two 15s. i plan on doing comps when i can but will use it daily. i know the boxes will be ported with round ports and about 4 cubic feet each. i am just not sure on where to place the subs and ports in the car. i was thinking rear facing slightly angle up and toward eachother for the subs but not sure about port placement. i have always had the ports facing into the car whether the subs were facing up or back and it was loud. please help me resolve this issue so it will be loud and not sound like crap.

thanks all

umm unless your walling this, is there even 8 cubes

i had 5cuft external dimesnions in an 03 grand am and it barely fit,

and then youll need lots of bracing

sounds like a job for sure, keep the updates rollin

o and just with some questimating....

8cuft tuned to 32hz(common tunning), would need a minimum of (8) 4" ports 30" long each

what subs/amp

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

umm unless your walling this, is there even 8 cubes

i had 5cuft external dimesnions in an 03 grand am and it barely fit,

and then youll need lots of bracing

sounds like a job for sure, keep the updates rollin

o and just with some questimating....

8cuft tuned to 32hz(common tunning), would need a minimum of (8) 4" ports 30" long each

what subs/amp

i plan on making the whole bottom with fiberglass down into the spare tire well and probably up the sides a little also. it will probably take up 3/4 of the trunk. the boxes are going to be seperate with 2 4" ports that are i think 9.75" long thats tuned around 33 i think. the boxes might be a little smaller though not sure yet.

my subs are power acoustik mofo 15s

Archived