Second Skin Audio

What's The Best Tuning For 4x Re Sx12"

Aruman

Yes guys, i'm still confuse on what to decide for tuning for 4x RE SX12 I'm thinking of this three Hz's 33, 34, 35Hz box will be 1.75 to 2.0ft^3, which one of these 3 will be best for any kind of music thus RAP, Rock and everything else and that can get good SPL number and have a flat response, I was leaning more toward for the 35Hz tuning but how's the Low frequency and Flat response at 35hz it will have a peak right? I know it's the best for Numbers but how's the others frequencies, what's the best Hz to use in this case?

anyways thanks.

Aruman.

Shaking The Neighborhood.

i'd do between 32-35 and make give each 12 2.5 cuft of airspace

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Thanks dmanson, but i can't go bigger than 2ft^3 even 2ft^3 will be a bit tight to make, so i was thinking of these dimensions,

box will be 7ft^ 3 net after all displacement Subs, Port, Bracing etc. port tuning will be 34Hz and port length will be 17inch, port area will be 6x 12= 72sq inches thus 10.28sq inches per 1ft^3, I know not so good but if i go bigger it will change my tuning.

RE Audio recommend 1.5ft^3 as minimum and 2ft^3 as optimal so 1.75ft^3 will be between those two so i think it will work out. what do you think?

thanks, Aruman.

Shaking The Neighborhood.

Archived