Second Skin Audio

Box for 4 L7 15's

I have a 84 Buick Lesabre and 4 L7 15's 4 ohms. I need help building a ported box for them.
the max i can do is 62 for length and 20 dept.my trunk has these humps on the end

http://imgur.com/Hymipvn

So in the middle of the trunk i can have 16 inches in height but if the box is to the left some or to the right some i have to slam the trunk(sand the box down some maybe?) also i have no preference so SPL or SQ is fine

thanks in adv

I didn't run the numbers, but running 4 15's in the trunk is just going to destroy the trunk and sound terrible. Plus i don't think you have the space. l7's like big boxes so to run 4 of them in a ported box or even sealed you are probably going to have to loose the back seat and wall it.

I didn't run the numbers, but running 4 15's in the trunk is just going to destroy the trunk and sound terrible. Plus i don't think you have the space. l7's like big boxes so to run 4 of them in a ported box or even sealed you are probably going to have to loose the back seat and wall it.

wow well i cant lose the back seat. would it still sound terrible if i did the trunk like this? https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/229607_10201018031794245_1820548480_n.jpg

and added sound deadener i really would only have 2 playing daily

i don't even see how that setup would even work. Why would you seal all the bass off "in" the trunk? That build looks more like something for show.

with your dimensions, not counting that hump in the middle (15x60x20), you have 8.46 cuft. Once you figure the sub displacement and you would want a double baffle and then adding the port. you lose space quickly.

I'm not the type to design boxes for people, but there are some here that can and do. You might have just enough space for 2 15's.

Having them like that is a tall order especially if don't have any experience in box designing or fiberglass or basically if your not a "professional". Your best bet would probably be just a ported box for two IF it can fit and give the right output. if not then just 1.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

4 15's (especially those woofers) wont fit properly in any trunk car. stick with 2.

edit: only way you're gonna fit all 4 of those woofers is to wall the car. and kickers arent worth walling a car for, in my opinion.

well first off, how much power are you going to be using? aka what amps? model numbers.

what voice coils are on the woofers? i hope they're all the same.

edit: but you're looking at around 8 cubes give or take, depending on power.

well first off, how much power are you going to be using? aka what amps? model numbers.

Amp: Audiopipe 3000.1

Coils: 4 ohm

Amp: Audiopipe 3000.1

Coils: 4 ohm

so around 2000rms. cant wire to 1 ohm on that amp with 2 woofers, so you're stuck with 4 ohms final. so 1000rms.

sell the amp and get a different one (or get dual 2 ohm woofers) if you want more power out of the amp.

Archived