Second Skin Audio

Box for 4 L7 15's

well first off, how much power are you going to be using? aka what amps? model numbers.

what voice coils are on the woofers? i hope they're all the same.

edit: but you're looking at around 8 cubes give or take, depending on power.

Amp: Audiopipe 3000.1

Coils: 4 ohm

so around 2000rms. cant wire to 1 ohm on that amp with 2 woofers, so you're stuck with 4 ohms final. so 1000rms.

sell the amp and get a different one (or get dual 2 ohm woofers) if you want more power out of the amp.

why not? i had my cvx dual 4 wired to 1 ohm on this amp. if i do get another amp it will be a Rockford 2500 BDCP

I didn't run the numbers, but running 4 15's in the trunk is just going to destroy the trunk and sound terrible. Plus i don't think you have the space. l7's like big boxes so to run 4 of them in a ported box or even sealed you are probably going to have to loose the back seat and wall it.

he is right I have 2 l7 15 s and they love big boxes you will b looking at a box roughly 10 to 12 cubes that's a big box,u con go smaller but the subs will not perform like they should I know from experience the only reason mine sounds decent is cause I have them facing forwards cause my seats fold down and the trunk is sealed off

well first off, how much power are you going to be using? aka what amps? model numbers.

what voice coils are on the woofers? i hope they're all the same.

edit: but you're looking at around 8 cubes give or take, depending on power.

Amp: Audiopipe 3000.1

Coils: 4 ohm

so around 2000rms. cant wire to 1 ohm on that amp with 2 woofers, so you're stuck with 4 ohms final. so 1000rms.

sell the amp and get a different one (or get dual 2 ohm woofers) if you want more power out of the amp.

Kranny, youre wrong. (2) 4dvc can be wired at 1ohm

edit: dual 2 ohm will give him the final impedance of .5 ohms

Archived