need to fix distortion and unbalaned sound with out breaking the bank.

ok, help me understand how this stuff is meant to be setup. the sub will be 20-100hz and the 10" mids will be from 80-4500hz (they are rated to 4800), the tweets i have are rated from 1000-29000 so i set the xover on them at 3000 and then i should not have any gaps right? i see super tweets that max around 28000 so im not sure if i would need any more tweets would i?

is that how this works?

nothing, gutted

• 2 weeks later...

100 hz seems high on the sub. Id cross it at like 80 or 60. And idk about the rest it seems ok except ur tweet seems low kinda.

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

i have rewired the entire truck. replaced the lead battery terminals with 3/8" copper threads, soldered every wire with copper ring terminals, built a 4 in and 12 out fuse distro block out of 3/8" copper plate and 1/4" plexi. installed new zero ga wire to my amps and built new grounds for all the amps. i installed a KX3 into the system and it has made a world of difference! i do not have a bi amp setup yet but that comes later this week. even with the same setup that KX3 has removed 90% of the distortion. the issue now is an unbalanced mid/high. i am running my computer sub in the truck until i get my SP4. its hooked to my ZX2500.1 so i know its working but cant really balance anything as its only a 15" 540W sub.

my next step is a bi/amp and from there ill figure things out, not sure what im doing after that tho... i just need more clarity at higher volumes.

pics of the rework: http://imgur.com/a/C0iBg

and the batteries: new terminals on left and old on right: http://i.imgur.com/FIlrya5.jpg

ez2Fnmb.jpg

nothing, gutted

i got new amps in and the distortion is gone. seems the xover was the main component that was holding me back. this is hwat i have in there now

Kicker ZX2500.1 - SP4 18"

Eclipse 4302 - dual 10"/dual 6.5" door speakers crachendo

Audiobahn A275HC - tweeters

KX3 crossover

Pioneer P7800HD deck

knukonceptz 0, 0/3, 2, 8ga wire

custom 3/8" copper plate ANL fuse distro block

4 group 31 1150CCA batteries

custom brass battery terminal studs

nothing, gutted

Archived