98's Lifted 98 Grand Cherokee Build

Thanks guys. Build is probably going to move slow so hang in there lol.

ya man i know how it is, lol want/need so much then you start adding up the costs and then its like where is this money coming from. my build in y explorer is on hold because im trying to buy a house so it might be a year before i start on it again :( but keep us updated on the build im tuned in for sure

Got my Mechman 270a with AVBM and 6 120mm fans today gonna run 3 on the sub amp and 2 on the mids/highs amp blowing on the heat sinks to keep them cooler (it is HOT as fuck here). Got a relay also not pictured to wire up the amps and fans to turn on with the remote from the head unit.

Mechman270aampAVBM_zps7246414d.jpg

6120mmFans_zps665ffaf1.jpg

And I ordered 100ft roll of 12 gauge speaker wire from SHCA today to properly rewire the mids and highs from the amps all the way up into the doors. Right now my wires are just spliced into the factory wiring (ghetto).

^Thanks guys and ya AZ is heat sucks lol^ Its 110 in the shade right now on the patio.

I think Im going to do something like this with the amp rack. Cutouts on a piece of wood and mounting amps on the backside of the wood with plexi bottoms. This will hide the ugly fans blowing on the heatsink. Im going to end up covering the amp rack piece with some sort of black material most likely.

AmpRackPlan_zpsf1d25e91.jpg

How can I get a flush look using 3/4" mdf without a router? The way the amp would be on the back would be 3/4" of depth between the front of amp rack and the plexi bottom plates and might look kind of ghetto that way I think maybe I should use something thinner maybe 3/8" ply or something of the sort.

Any inputs on that strategy would be great. Wont be building it for a while yet. Atleast not until the wall is built.

I get how you want the amp guts to be what is showing, Im just not sure if I fully grasp your idea on how the need to be flush. You could use some 3/4 mdf with a layer of 1/4"mdf on top of that. Cut the an opening in the 3/4 to where it fits around the the whole amp then cut a similar smaller opening in the 1/4" mdf so you only see what you want to see. That would be a way to countersink with out a router, its alot of cutting and more measuring to get it right. Like I said not sure which way you want this to be flush. You can get sheets of mdf in 1/8th and 1/4". Only in 2'x4' not the usual 4'x8'

My 03' sierra crew cab Here build in progress

Archived