Second Skin Audio

Anyone used Hexibase to design there box

Yates

Ive had one of his boxes, and built a couple of his designs brought by other guys needing a box built.

I was happy with my box, he was recommended to me by DD do to an issue I had ( turning out upon tearing down woofers, dd bbuilt one of my 9518s with a 8.25inch 4layer spider setup, and the other with a 7.25inch 6layer setup).

it got me in the 150s @ 35hz, and was somewhat flat between 32 and 46hz. Ive built numerous other boxes, and gained a bunch with the same gear. But thats trial and error. Im sure if he designed more boxes and kept rebuilding them they would have gained too. So you cant discredit him on that.

The guy is smart, he knows whats up most the time, and has some very nice designer software it seems. Not to mention he seems to be trusted enough to countless tests on prototype gear from MANY companies. So that is worth mentioning right there.

As for any designer, your not always going to give the best design every time, over and over. Hell sometimes people put boxes together the wrong way, and that alone alters a few things.

Pete gives detailed instructions, everything is very clear on what your building.

His wait time is too long even if you pay extra to get ahead of the others.

His prices are somewhat expensive imp, but at least your getting some detailed things with that such as response curve, expected impedance curve, etc tho may not be 100% spot on.

I mysellf probably would never get another design from him, but if someone comes to me again with one, and it looks decent id have no problem building it for them.

I cant really hate on the guy too bad, because if you llook at mmost these other "designers" PWK has them all beat by a lot!! Some of these so calllled designers aint even old enough to drive, never hooked up a system, let alone have their own. They know nothing about building a box and tell you to put a screw every .5inches. Then you have the guys that do build their "awesome" designs, and you see huge gaps in the box, wavey cuts, and oval speaker holes..

To each their own, but its your mmoney and I dont think you will really hate your design, if you feel its something that is to complicated, or you want some what of a failsafe design, then you should be alright with pwk designs

lol just went through some of your old vids and seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ0XbAjkuH8

Archived