Second Skin Audio

Anyone used Hexibase to design there box

Yates

He is hit or miss depending on what your trying to achieve and quite honestly you would be better off looking elsewhere for a design.

PM AI James for a design, he won't be cheap but you'll get a box designed that will do what you want.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

• 2 weeks later...

he designed me a 6th order for my btl that burned the coil on anything above 30hz, I redesigned it to a bass reflex box, what I did in 5min. was better then a month and a half waiting for a pwk box.....

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

Talk to n8ball2013, he has a hexibase designed wall in his truck

You fucker lol. Theres no way he designed it. Its loud.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Just the fact that of the many boxes I and others whom i know have built of his that were hit and miss, i'd probably pass on the whole process.

He's a great craftsman, If your having him do the box for you, and his designs are pretty thorough. But I find that what people end up with most of the time isnt what they are looking for.

Dunno if its his fault or theirs when they are asking for their box, but it doesn't seem to work out as often as most would like for a month or 2 wait time.

flat response from 30-60 usually is the request ive seen most from people who have got a design from him then we test and its a very peaky alignment.

highest number i can get is another one i see alot, then myself, or ray does a very simple ported box and gain 3 + db on what was proposed to be a best box application.

My thoughts are to research, find a designer you like and trust and have them do what you want. If not learn the fundamentals and buy some wood/tools and get your learn on with some trial and error. Hell nobody comes out of the womb knowing how it works.

get torres and google sketch up... make your own design post it on this forum and ask questions once you think you will be happy with it build it. then listen to it for a few weeks and decide if you like it. if you dont like it or you want a little bit of a different sound or better lows design another box ask more question and build agian. repeat until your happy with the box. its the best way to learn, and you dont have to pay someone for a box design they may or may not be what you want. spend the money saved on building 2-3 boxes to find what you want.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ive had one of his boxes, and built a couple of his designs brought by other guys needing a box built.

I was happy with my box, he was recommended to me by DD do to an issue I had ( turning out upon tearing down woofers, dd bbuilt one of my 9518s with a 8.25inch 4layer spider setup, and the other with a 7.25inch 6layer setup).

it got me in the 150s @ 35hz, and was somewhat flat between 32 and 46hz. Ive built numerous other boxes, and gained a bunch with the same gear. But thats trial and error. Im sure if he designed more boxes and kept rebuilding them they would have gained too. So you cant discredit him on that.

The guy is smart, he knows whats up most the time, and has some very nice designer software it seems. Not to mention he seems to be trusted enough to countless tests on prototype gear from MANY companies. So that is worth mentioning right there.

As for any designer, your not always going to give the best design every time, over and over. Hell sometimes people put boxes together the wrong way, and that alone alters a few things.

Pete gives detailed instructions, everything is very clear on what your building.

His wait time is too long even if you pay extra to get ahead of the others.

His prices are somewhat expensive imp, but at least your getting some detailed things with that such as response curve, expected impedance curve, etc tho may not be 100% spot on.

I mysellf probably would never get another design from him, but if someone comes to me again with one, and it looks decent id have no problem building it for them.

I cant really hate on the guy too bad, because if you llook at mmost these other "designers" PWK has them all beat by a lot!! Some of these so calllled designers aint even old enough to drive, never hooked up a system, let alone have their own. They know nothing about building a box and tell you to put a screw every .5inches. Then you have the guys that do build their "awesome" designs, and you see huge gaps in the box, wavey cuts, and oval speaker holes..

To each their own, but its your mmoney and I dont think you will really hate your design, if you feel its something that is to complicated, or you want some what of a failsafe design, then you should be alright with pwk designs

Archived