Second Skin Audio

Box question/dumb question.

dl9890

Amp settings are what will cause you to clip. The enclosure does play a role in this as well. How were your gains set on this amp. Typically prefabs don't have much port area, or proper volume. Easiest fix is to get someone to set those gains correctly :)

And the SECOND you can, get a custom built enclosure. Plenty of guys around, including myself, that will help you with design and cut sheet

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I set the gain on the amp myself. I just turned the radio volume to about 28 and adjusted the gain until it sounded distorted. Seemed to be the logical thing to do sense I don't have anything to properly set them.

But as far as clipping goes, your ears can't hear clipping. They can hear distortion, but not squared off sound waves. The cutting out,I assume, is your amp going into protect. That or you have a bad ground location.

Advice: locate someone on the forum in your area to set your gains

for you. What amp are you using if I may ask?

Your cutting out could be due to a couple factors. Voice coils wired wrong, wrong voice coils themselves(example D2s wired at a.5 ohm load at the amp), or bad grounds causing the amp to protect. There are many factors that can cause your issue. Bad and insufficient voltage is one big one. Gain setting is another, you're going to want that set with the right equipment.

Archived