CleanSierra Posted May 28, 2013 Report Posted May 28, 2013 The minimum I'd run to a couple of 15s with good xmax, is around 180" of port, but me personally more. You can always block the port up and lower your port area, granted it DOES affect tuning and volume of the ported section. If it were MY build, 180" minimum and I'd go up from there. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted May 28, 2013 Report Posted May 28, 2013 How much would you be out of on wood cost, to just build a quick enclosure and see? $60-80? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
sh4ggy Posted May 28, 2013 Author Report Posted May 28, 2013 Ok. Thanks. I'll start at 180 and work up from there
sh4ggy Posted May 28, 2013 Author Report Posted May 28, 2013 I checked on 12v and at 10x18 its 15 deep@47hz. I think that's the first one I will try. Now my next question is the subs are gonna be inverted and the baffle (parallel to face ant at 110degree slope) will have about 24 inches of clearance to the face. Should the port be centered or behind the drivers seat ? Should I do external port or is that just for saving cubic footage?
sh4ggy Posted May 29, 2013 Author Report Posted May 29, 2013 I spoke to the tech guy from RE today and he said that the s.e.x is made for low end. That a fourth might not be my best option, and he's going to send me specs on the box he thinks I should build and a fourth order when I get em I'll post it and see what's up the. Its kinda hard not to listen to a pro tho right?
sh4ggy Posted May 30, 2013 Author Report Posted May 30, 2013 the engineer at re sent me specs for a 12^3 enclosure for 2 15s isn't that alot too big. Damaging even?
CleanSierra Posted May 30, 2013 Report Posted May 30, 2013 Is it a design for a 4th order, or just a regular ported box? If it's a 4th, I'd say 12 cubes is right on the money. My 4th for 2 15s is right at 12 cubes. I've got 3 sealed, 9 ported. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
sh4ggy Posted May 31, 2013 Author Report Posted May 31, 2013 No its just a reg ported box that's 6^3 per sub. Won't I lose all cone control?
CleanSierra Posted May 31, 2013 Report Posted May 31, 2013 That seems very large to me. Their own site shows 4 cubes are recommended. What are you planning on powering these subs with? Did you mention what you plan on powering them with to the guy from RE? If you were running a lot less than rated power, in order to get the most out of the enclosure, and her side efficiency, you could increase the size. That size DOES seem awfully big though. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
sh4ggy Posted May 31, 2013 Author Report Posted May 31, 2013 I told him what I had. A rebuilt hifonics glx clamped at 1550 , he told me that realistically I could put 2000 to them and I needed to up my power. His words . I'd cook em is what I think. And when I told him I wanted a fourth he kinda got s$%&&y with me. Not rude but he deff didn't like the idea. He emailed some specs to me, when I get up in the morning I'll try to figure out how to post em on here. I didn't like the specs he sent me for the fourth either. The first thing I saw was that the ratio was 1.5-1 not even that I don't think. I know that thefourth was smaller than the ported
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.