Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

fourth order help


sh4ggy

Recommended Posts

Posted

well I built a new box. 8^3@30 it definitely hits harder now but I'm having some issues with my baffle. I always inset my double baffle so you only see a single baffle but because of my port length I had to make some mods to my inside baffle and its flexing bad I'm gonna have to spend a few minutes on it before the next show but I'm sure my db will go up a few at least.

Posted

Did you glue the two baffle pieces together? You're liking the frequency response? How much port area did you end up using?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

yeah I glued the baffles together. The inside is just pieced together around the port and some bracing. So its not completely solid, I just need to throw some 2by pieces in there and add another baffle on the outside. I haven't put it on the meter yet but definitely feel some more impact from it and my windshield and doors are flexing more. I ended up doing 6x18 on the port ,so 108".

Now I have a new question for you, my final plan is to have a fourth order wall with 4 15s but I work for a living and I'm not sponsored so I have to buy stuff piece by piece. As of now I have 2 600 rms 15s with a 1400 watt amp. I was looking at getting them reconed to 1500rm with psy soft parts. What I want to know is if that is really my best option or should I just use the money I would've used to recone them and buy 2 more sexs and build a wall now? Its halfway thru the season, if I recone my current subs I'll either have to buy 2 more sexs and have them reconed also butthey still won't all be the same. Having all 4 reconed at once is pretty expensive. Can you have psy keep the specs for your recone and they recreate the original? I don't know what to do.

Posted

well I went up 3 db with the new box. And I've figured out what I'm gonna do about my system. I'm gonna buy 2 more sex's and build a wall. Then get all four reconed at once and build a fourth. Oh and I got BOBOS today

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 446 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...