Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Wiring Help

I've got a box for 2 subwoofers but the box is 2 separate boxes that look like a single box. My subs a single 4 ohm and I have a mono channel amp. My question is how can I wire this to make it 2 ohm load on amp? I know how to wire 2 ohm its just I can't really go from one sub to the other without either going out and back in the port or drilling a hole in the box somewhere to get the wires to hook up to the second sub... I was thinking of an idea and wanted to make sure it would work before I hook it up. So the box is 2 separate chambers with binding posts for each chamber. Could I run wires from the amp to one set of binding posts and then run another set of wires that rap around the box to the other set of binding posts to wire it all? In theory I guess what I'm asking is can my binding posts for the box act like the subs? Or do I have to hook all the wires directly up to the subwoofer binding posts to get the ohm load?

Thanks, I know this a weird question and it's hard to explain without pictures..

As long as BOTH positives from your subs are hooked up to your amp and both negatives are hooked up, on the same channel, you will get 2 ohm load. It doesn't matter how many posts you have, just that both negatives are hooked up at the amp and both positives.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived