Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akizzem

Vcw 124 box help

1 post in this topic

Hey guys new here, got a quick question for you. I was gonna buy an fi ssd12 but then came across this subwoofer nvx vcw124. I've never heard of this brand but it doesn't look like a half bad sub, I wanna try it out cause it doesn't call for that big of a box but it has pretty much the same specs as the ssd 12. Now my question is for the vcw124 I've come up with a 1.84ft^3 box after sub and port displacement, with a 3 inch areo port that is roughly 16 inches long, a little less, that would give me around 22square inches of port area, so it should be tuned to 25hz like I want it. So my question to you guys is does this sound right or is the box too small or the port too small? I'm not an expert at all but they recommend tuning it to 25hz. Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rusty B
      Hello, new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone would have any plans for a subbox for a Skar audio evl 12. I will be building it myself. The box will be going in a 09 GMC sierra crew cab. Im  not doing the under the seat type box due to the size of the sub. I will be flipping up the seat. The specs of the sub are as follows: Ported Volume : 2.00 ft^3,Port Area : 24 sq.in.,Port Length : 21",Tuning Frequency : 32 Hz,Displacement : 0.15 ft^3,Mounting Depth : 7.75",Cut-Out Diameter : 11.25",Magnet Diameter : 7.35". All specs for the sub came directly from the Skar website. I am good with wood working and building, just not the best with math or plan designing so I will say thanks in advance for any and all help on the box plans. thanks Rusty
    • By Juan1988
       What should I set the knobs labeled "Width" and "Center" my previous amp didn't have these knobs and hit lowsend clean below 30hz but theven amp I have now hits dirty 
    • By luckyishere
      Hello Guys,

I am looking to get some help in designing an Enclosure for Dual sundown audio X 12s v.2 for a hatchback. I don't have too much of space to work with but i am looking for an efficient Box Design. I have been designing Enclosures for years but have always worked with slot Ports and i have a 0% experience with the Aero Ports. This time i want to try Aero Ports and when i searched online i was getting confusing information regarding the Port area and Air Velocity.
      Can someone please help me with this enclosure? The Max outer dimensions that i can squeeze from the boot are H - 21.5 , W - 39 , D- 15.5 (All in inches) Config wud be Sub up , Port up . I want to go the Aero Port route this time
    • By OnePunch
      When getting a box is it more important to get the correct tuning or the correct size? either 32 hz but .25 too big or just right size but 37 hz, sub requests 32.
    • By jfw5731
      Single 15 in a Dodge Mega Cab. Took some creative box design but it slams!! About 4 cubes and tuned to 34 hertz. Seats have to be down to allow for excursion. Seat just touches surround when it's up. 
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 1,152 Guests (See full list)