Second Skin Audio

Beginner needs help about wall buildings

hi guys,

my name is christian and i am from germany. my english isn´t very good, but i´ve heard this forum here is the biggest car-audio forum of the world and i hope you can help me.

sorry for all grammar und writing- mistakes :(.

i´ve used the searching option of this forum here, but there isn´t that what i am searching for.

to my question:

all of you who installed a wall know the phenomenon, that there isn´t any bass-feeling at deep music when the doors are closed. there is just a bit of wind in the car, but no feeling on the body.

but when doors are open you can´t breathe and you are thinking, that you must die, if you know what i mean.

i´ve heard a lot of wall buildings in germany and simply three or four car´s here can play deep music with doors closed and there is simply the same feeling inside like doors open.

i talked with the designers of this installations, but they wouldn´t talk about it because they spent a lot of time to their enclosures and so they wouldn´t tell other people about.

my plan for the future is to build an enclosure with about 10-12 12´s, probably ETON-sub´s and i wouldn´t must open the door´s that i can feel the full power of the sub´s. I will sit in my car, doors and windows closed and will feel the "pain" from high and low frequencies to my body and perhaps to someone who is geting a demo from me.

what kind of enclosure is the best for such a plan? 4th order wall, enclousure like gary kilians car or....

or do you think a wall is here not the best thing that i can do, because the deep frequencies can´t spread good in the car with a wall?

i would be glad about an answer.

thank you for reading this text in this bad english :D

Archived