Sundown Audio

Starting system in my truck but need some help

Okay so I got my truck about a year ago and it needs more base so here's what I was thinking about putting in it.

First off here's what I already have. My truck is a 2003 dodge 2500 cummins turbo diesel. It's lifted 6 inches and has 20 inch rims wrapped in 35s soon to be 33s.

My head unit is crap and is something from the previous owner a Jensen flip out with a big screen. the auxiliary in is already braking. The truck has Dodge's premium sound system in it though so it has 3 tweeters in the very front (left,middle,right) then in each door is a 6x9 and in each back door is a 6 inch or 4 inch not sure.

Anyways what I am looking for is more base so here's what I was thinking about getting.

The speakers are alright so I don't need to change them right away

My head unit would be a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Mobile Single Din In Dash CD/MP3 Receiver with Bluetooth, MIXTRAX and Pandora

next my box .......this has been a hard one... I've searched and searched and this is the best I could come up with. Some guy makes what he calls a fox box and here is the one that fits my truck.

http://www.foxacoust...tCode=DQC-210-V

Next are the subs right? Well I have no idea if they will fit because I don't know the diameter of the magnets of them......I really want to get sundown. some sa-10s. The depth is right but I am not sure about the diameter of the magnet being to big.

And then next is the amp and I really have no idea on this.

I was thinking maybe a sundown SAZ-1500D

Another thing is I don't know all about the ohms and everything. Like why to buy a 2 ohm sub or a 4 ohm or how to wire the amp down to 1 ohm or whatever.

If I could get any help at all I would really appreciate it! Thank you !

I'm a car audio nub as of right now. Sorry

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sundown has a shallower design if you need shallow, the SD-2 series. Otherwise I have a buddy with five SA-10s in his trunk for an SPL box and it's retarded loud...

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

Give us the dimensions you have to work with an someone on here can help you out, cause depending on how much space you have available, I can help design you a system.

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

i really do not want to build a custom box and the dimmensions seem fine with the box that i would get. it has MOUNTING DEPTH: 7.25" WITH A 6.5" DIAMETER MAGNET So it should be fine. there is really no room to put anything in my truck other than this box.

I'm a car audio nub as of right now. Sorry

Sounds like the SA10s would work fine but the mounting diameter for them is about an eighth bigger than the box has, so you may need to do some trimming or something. But that could be wrong. Check with the dude to see if you can get the mounting hole to match the SA10s.

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

As for amps, you get what you pay for. Audioque/Soundqubed are quite a bit cheaper than sundown but sundown amps are heavier duty and are more efficient and put out more power. So if there's a budget concern, go SQ, if you have the money go Sundown. But sundown would be better in most cases, not that SQ is bad, they are still quality amps and subs.

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

I would get Dual 4 ohm subs an wire em to a 1 ohm load on the SAZ1500 or the SQ 1200 amp (whichever you decide), and 1/0 AWG of course. Big 3 if you can. And OFC wire if you can also, but CCA will work fine. I know a place you can get OFC welding cable for $1.50/ft.

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

The big 3 is an electrical charging upgrade that you ADD to your system, not replace. Alternator pos to battery pos (w/ inline fuse within a foot of alt), battery neg grounded to chassis, and engine block grounded to chassis, in a nutshell. The wiring would look like this:

null_zpsd52ede66.jpg

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)