lAST but not least, the deck itself, thats the original colour. Next time its in my car itlll be a dope black colour. Probably gonna do the headliner too :D along with the sund roof slide.

20130408213110.jpg

last build was my malibu walled on a single skar 4500 @.33 daily

6 deka g31 batts Singer 330a alt 4 runs of 3/0 front-back

Three hdc3 15

Did a 154.6 this summer at Grassroots

Building a 99 yukon denali atm

?

18 from canada ontario

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/171844-hdc3-15-are-these-coils-correct-im-tryin-to-buy-this-sub-but-wanna-kno-if-the-recone-was-done-properly/

Can someone tell me what they think of this hdc3 im tryin to buy? tryna set something up with the guy but dont wanna jump on the first one i see..

Three hdc3 15

?

18 from canada ontario

So the sub im buying is a recone from a local, 240$

r9tl.jpg
Not sure who did the recone so my boy is goin to check it out 4 me :) saturday. If its flawless & ends up in my hands were gonna start the box for it. The design of enclosure is undetermined.
nrn4.jpg
lrye.jpg
4c3i.jpg
D2 15" HDC3 xD PUMPED

Three hdc3 15

?

18 from canada ontario

http://www.electronbeam.com/

Monday these guys r having a sale on there 1/0 wire, they have strands from 4/0 - 6 awg im ordering 50ft of the 1/0 waiting on a quote now

Three hdc3 15

?

18 from canada ontario

ezwv.jpg

cwd.png

The wiring harness thingy for my white leds. ill take pics in a bit,

and the electron wire im ordering, see the fatty 4/0 they have...

Three hdc3 15

?

18 from canada ontario

rh0f.png

Three hdc3 15

?

18 from canada ontario

Ok, WELDING WIRE IS ON THE WAY ! 2/0 EB FLEX FROM ELECTRON BEAM INDUSTRIES, My dad didnt give the lady the exp date so ya that didnt help on it arriving quickly.

Will be here Friday forusre..

This is my new subwoofer, if anyone cares.. lol

xlds.jpg

Can anyone guessS??

48wf.jpg
pqgj.jpg
eexa.jpg
ekyt.jpg
pdtf.jpg
w0n0.jpg
8gog.jpg
7fpv.jpg
asxe.jpg
9frg.jpg
q3ei.jpg
hdbi.jpg

AQ HDC3-15-D2 COPPER VOICECOIL.

1000W Rms, loool.

The box is a suprise, :) gonna obviously be in the trunk, the false floor will be tooken apart to run the 2/0 and 4awg & rcas & remote blah blah speakwer wire blah blah blah..

cwd.png
U caan see the FATTY 2/0 i ordered above. <3333 66$ shipped OFC babby

So the next step is this amp, i gotta save up 330$ which im 2/8 of the way there lol, but opening an account at the new bank in town for strictly savings was a good thing to keep that maintained, I labeled the account..

Car Audio

(AMP WILL BE AN AQ 2200 OR IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT A SQ 2200)

The batterys, well i got one sitting downstairs, i gotta recharge it but it should be a solid batt for upfront, its a bran new moto master i had in my cherokkee i mentioned.

Gonna hgave to make a new battt tray whhile doing the big 3.. along with changing the terminals from the factory harness , to a top post style. For ease of running multiple wires.

My dad is buying a BIG ass deep cycle off my boys from team asshole that will be isolated in the back :) pumped for that.

oBVS big 3, with 2 runs of power to the rear and 3 grounds in the rear. AMP & 2 FOR BATTSS

Thats my plan guys and its gonna happen, sllowly but surely IF ANYONE CARES.

Three hdc3 15

?

18 from canada ontario

20130408213110.jpg
OLD
new :)
5iyf.jpg
esu7.jpg
kjog.jpg
oln5.jpg
old colour of the headliner, and the new i will be in tommrow,

the seats look alot beetter in person thats forsure. there clean in my book for a budget build.

k7wr.jpg
ghdb.jpg
6a8b.jpg
zts2.jpg
and thts the reason for me flipping htme, these 6x9s are ugly lol

Three hdc3 15

?

18 from canada ontario

• 2 months later...

In my Malibu, I used that small tapered pen holding thing next to the shifter to mount some toggle switches, I assume you will have multiple amps in the car, you can fit at least three toggle switches there, you can see it in my build log (I have two) and back behind that bottom part of the shifter housing thing, there's plenty of room to put a fused distributor block, I have on with 6 slot, each with their own fuse. got it at auto zone for 10 bucks, have a single 8Ga wire on a fuse, and you can power all sorts of stuff like lights and fans it's pperfect for multiply remote wires to the amps, each has their own fuse and toggle switch, and it's easy to add more to. here's link to my pic.

http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/Shrimpcarbon9/media/IMG_0035_zpsde01694b.jpg.html

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

What are your goals for the bass in the car? Because tuning the box depends on what you want out of it. With typical ported designs, there are compromises, tuning higher (35 hertz and up) will play louder at those frequencies above the central tuning, but performance will suffer with any notes below the tuning frequency. In contrast, tuning lower (28-35hz) will produce a (relatively) flatter response across the dynamic range of the woofer and sound deeper, and the frequency response is extended lower, giving more presence on the lower notes.

In a nutshell, high tuning means it's louder with less bottom end response, and tuning lower results in a more even response and bigger low notes.

Also, tuning the box higher uses a smaller port for the tuning, so sometimes it's tuned high to conserve space. If space is really a problem, Sealed boxes are typically much smaller than ported ones, but they have difficulty getting the lows like a ported, because they can't 'breathe'. Again, it depends on what you want.

And feel free to ask me questions, I'm happy to help!

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Archived