Second Skin Audio

fiberglass as a box brace

so i have this enclosure that i built a while ago using re purposed wood. there is some minor flex in the box and a few leaks where there ounce upon a time was nails. im thinking about getting that interlaced fiberglass sheets and glassing the whole outside maybe in 2-3 layers. my theory is that this will make the box alot more solid deff should seal any leaks and eliminate any box flex. what do you guys think.

im notting running anything to extreme that could tear the box apart just an older re se on about 400rms

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I would just use resin on the inside with a cross brace . No need in glassing the out side unless your wanting too . Plus that's alot of work to make it look good if you did do that. It would seal the holes for sure but wouldn't help you on the flex issue. Only internal bracing will fix that

Archived