Rev. Wrath Posted July 11, 2013 Report Posted July 11, 2013 Hello all, I am in the process of setting up an active front stage and I'm having some trouble with my HU/Processor. I've used this setup before, but this is the first time I've tried active with the Imprint. My HU is the Alpine IXA-W404, and the first time I hooked it up years ago, I was able to go 3/4 volume with no distortion (This HU doesn't have numbers for the volume, just a small line on the side of the screen). Then I added the imprint processor so I could have time alignment, more EQ options and active capabilities once I was ready. After the initial install of the Imprint, it would distort in the same place, at 3/4 volume, but the pre-out voltage was higher so I had to turn my amp gains down, so I was happy. Then one day I decided I wanted to see how it would do running active, so I pulled the passive x-overs, rewired everything and flipped the switch on the side of the Imprint from "Front/Rear/Subw." to "3-way". Now it starts distorting at a little over half volume without even showing a signal on the DD-1. Everything on the HU is set to flat. I've tried the "G-EQ" on flat, the "P-EQ" on flat and the "F-EQ" on flat and they all distort at the same spot. So I put it back on the "Front/Rear/Subw." setting and it distorted a little over half volume again. I even tried disconnecting my battery to see if maybe that would reset something I was missing, but no dice. The only thing I haven't tried is hooking the HU up without the Imprint and seeing if it does the same thing. I can tune my amp when I set the HU to the no distortion volume setting and it sounds pretty decent, but I know it's not right so it's gonna bother me. Plus if my girl ever drives my truck, She's gonna turn it up way to loud and break something. Is there something I overlooked? Some stupid thing I missed? Or is my Imprint just broken? Just incase it matters, The HU is connected to the imprint via the Ai-net cable, the amp is a Fosgate T400-4 and the components are Image Dynamics CTX-6.5cs (2 sets). Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Rev. Wrath Posted July 16, 2013 Author Report Posted July 16, 2013 I checked it this weekend and the headunit by itself also distorts at a little over half volume, so I guess I'm just running at that volume until I get something different. Unless anybody has any ideas...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.